• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    As for Neuss: I was there. And you are pretty much right. The only MorphOS machine I saw there besides the MorphOS Team was my Mac Mini. There where plenty of AmigaOS 4 stuff. Games, cases, gadgets and merchendise. But the only X5000 you where allowed to play with was at the MorphOS table since A-Eon for whatever reason only runned some demos. From what I've heard it was because AmigaOS 4 isn't working properly on that board. Unlike MorphOS. Even the Friedens approaced MorphOS Team and was amazed that MorphOS Team has gotten as far as getting the whole OS working. MorphOS Team was also showing off a new version of Pagestream, and MorphOS 3.8 for Classic Amiga. Besides the usual stuff that is.

As for AmigaOS 4, the new NG things I saw was the Tabor card (no AmigaOS 4 working), X5000 (no AmigaOS 4 working), the game Gorky 17 and a demo of Wings Remastered (coming to all NG systems). So I think your perception of how AOS 4 oriented it was is correct, but for your assertion that AmigaOS 4 overtriumfed MorphOS doesn't hold. MorphOS could show off a fully working version of MorphOS 3.10 beta on X5000 and a new version of Pagestream. AmigaOS 4 camp could show of Gorky 17. To quote a certain dog meme: much wow!

Well that show like Amiwest is pretty open as primarily an A-Eonkit/OS4 promotional event. People sometimes get angry when this is pointed out, but the fact is A-Eonkit is always a sponsor at these events. Being a sponsor means most of the stuff displayed or discussed will be the primarily to benefit the sponsor. The events like the Amiga 30 were also billed as "Amiga", as in Commodore Amiga event. Many of the visitors probably know little to nothing about NG solutions.

I will give credit where credit is due though. There does seem to be more of an effort to be accepting of other solutions be demoed. That may be the Trevor effect, or just smart marketing by Matt.

MorphOS does need it's own event one day. Unfortunately it is harder for something without "the name" to host and sponsor an "Amiga" event to bring the larger group of people(potential customers) in. That's another reason to embrace the ISA change and dropping direct legacy compatibility.
  • »03.11.15 - 21:39