• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Cego

I really think you should read first what people actually are saying instead of responding to knee jerk assumptions.

As for Neuss: I was there. And you are pretty much right. The only MorphOS machine I saw there besides the MorphOS Team was my Mac Mini. There where plenty of AmigaOS 4 stuff. Games, cases, gadgets and merchendise. But the only X5000 you where allowed to play with was at the MorphOS table since A-Eon for whatever reason only runned some demos. From what I've heard it was because AmigaOS 4 isn't working properly on that board. Unlike MorphOS. Even the Friedens approaced MorphOS Team and was amazed that MorphOS Team has gotten as far as getting the whole OS working. MorphOS Team was also showing off a new version of Pagestream, and MorphOS 3.8 for Classic Amiga. Besides the usual stuff that is.

As for AmigaOS 4, the new NG things I saw was the Tabor card (no AmigaOS 4 working), X5000 (no AmigaOS 4 working), the game Gorky 17 and a demo of Wings Remastered (coming to all NG systems). So I think your perception of how AOS 4 oriented it was is correct, but for your assertion that AmigaOS 4 overtriumfed MorphOS doesn't hold. MorphOS could show off a fully working version of MorphOS 3.10 beta on X5000 and a new version of Pagestream. AmigaOS 4 camp could show of Gorky 17. To quote a certain dog meme: much wow!

As for profit, I have no idea what you read but no one here has said anything that A-Eon wants to make big bucks out of this, just that they want to run with a profit. That could be 1$ and still counts as a profit. The part that we compared A-Eon to Microsoft is all in your head.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »03.11.15 - 20:54
    Profile Visit Website