• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    hey redrumbumbum,

i'm a os4 fanboy? lol, good one right. maybe you're just an arrogant user. thats quite more likely dont you think?

Yup, textbook fanboy. You met someone in person and now you don't use logic or reason, only a religious zeal to shout down people with personal insults trying to make them conform to your group-think.

Quote:

Of course they are doing profit, but not that kind of profit you would think of when talking about apple or microsoft. are you that narrow minded? A-EON is not profit oriented but rather in pushing the amiga community and delivering new hardware and software to re-energize the amiga community. Jens main business isnt the classic amigas neither. They don't have to do all that amiga stuff to make their money and live on.

From A-EON website:

Quote:

We are first and foremost Amiga enthusiasts and wish to continue the legacy and tradition of the ground breaking Amiga computer.

And of course trevor wants to make some kind of profit because making loss would mean the end of investment and development. But what you assume and connote is that they wanna make the big money and take the last penny of all amiga enthusiasts.

That has a lot to do with nothing, except your attempted backtracking. First you claim they run charities, now just that they aren't Microsoft. Good heavens, are you drinking?

Quote:

Have you ever met and talked to any of those people you accuse of such things?

What the holy hell are you talking about? What have I accused anyone of here? Being a for-profit company? That's called an observation, not an accusation dude. I'm a free market capitalist, not a communist.

Quote:

Who the hell would want to get into amiga business to earn money???? You'll never get the rightfully earned benefit of your hard work in our community. NEVER! All the time and work the MorphOS Devs invested and put into development is not covered in any way by 111 Euros per license. or are you that kind of disillusioned?

I'm not delusional at all, unlike you fanboys. I was involved with Amiga/Commodore related business for about 2 decades. I was probably the biggest Individual Computers reseller for a couple years at my most active point. There is money to be made even to this day.

A decade ago the fanboys like you were attacking anyone who pointed out the flaws in the original AmigaOne boards, while claiming no one was making a profit on them. It was no secret what the evaluation boards could be bought direct, so it was no secret what the markup for slapping a boing sticker on those boards was. Fanboys rabidly defended Redhouse right up to the day he posted his "fuck you, goodbye" message. Some years later Eyetch's corporate filings were posted to Moobunny which showed some pretty nice profit. Time changes but fanboys don't.

BTW, you completely sidestepped the #1 question. You are indeed morphing into the next Hondo. You are a rabid fanboy who doesn't even eat his own dogfood. The only OS4 board available right now is the Sam460cr. Are you going to go online and purchase an AmigaOne 500 tonight?
  • »03.11.15 - 20:49