• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    Quote:

Decision to support option 2 was probably disastrous, though I doubt the MorphOS team would admit it. Time will tell how how option 3 pans out. Will people pay $2,500 for a "new" computer that best scenario will perform like a 10+ year old mid range G5 costing $100-$200?

thats quite interesting. Maybe people don't wanna buy mainstream hardware? Maybe they wanna have besides their own custom OS also their own custom hardware? Why should i buy an A1200 when i can buy a PC which emulates circles around that machine? Why should i invest 111 Euros for a underpowered, buggy and unsecure system like MorphOS and run it on an old and near-to-death hardware? I probably invested 300-400 Euros into my morphos setup, and still its pretty embarresing compared to a new PC.

You wanna use a custom Operating System on mainstream hardware. I'm fine with that. But there are also people who wanna run their custom OS on custom hardware. There's nothing wrong with that.

You are talking about overpriced and underpowered developments? The whole Amiga market is underpowered and overpriced. Yes, even MorphOS. But you do know that no matter what, for you it is worth the money and thatswhy you're investing all that money into MorphOS.

Your whole arguments are contradictory to your own actions. Everything you've bought is a waste of money compared to what you can get out there in the mainstream. But you still did it. Actually you do just the same as all those OS4 users. Spend too much money on a too much underpowered system.

[ Edited by Cego 03.11.2015 - 19:03 ]
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »03.11.15 - 19:02