• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    erm, the Sam460 is pretty much the same compared to a RaspPi and it still got MorphOS support.

And maybe you don't get it. Nobody is making money out of this. Everybody in this community is doing it for the passion even our devs. Its a hobby. The Amiga market is probably the worst one to choose when it comes to business and making money. Are you that kind of ignorant?
    Neither Jens Schoenfeld, A-EON or anybody else is doing this for money. Maybe you should get that into your brain.
    When you expect hardware to be made for ca. 1000 users in the same price range than an rasperry pi, then you're just an illusionist who lives in another world. But hey, i'm pretty sure that you and probably everybody else who are critisizing A-EON are pretty much aware of all that, you're not dumb. So i still wonder why you're nevertheless so harsh and hostile agains A-EON or OS4 development. Maybe you just wanna hate and feel yourself some kind of better and greater by doing that? I call that inferiority complex. Why can't you just have fun with your hobby? Thats what its all about. nothing more nothing less. I got the feeling that a lot of people here are still considering all this as a competition to become the best and put everybody else in their place. Grow up dude. The big times are over and neither MorphOS or anything else is going to land a big hit. We will never ever be able to compete with the real mainstream systems.

Our MorphOS community is pretty much dead because of that kind of arrogance and behaviour. Don't tell me that you're happy with that.

Btw, i am also paying hundreds of euros for my A1200 system but nobody complains and asks why. Yeah i could buy an RapsPi or an PC for a fraction of that money and make everything much more easier, but thats not what i want and what this hobby is about. If you want a cheap and fast hardware go buy an PC (well 10 year old macs are not really considerable as fast ;) ).

@Andreas

regarding the devs and their motivation of developing. Yes they do it for themselves. I heard that a lot of times personally from team members, the last time in Neuss at the 30th amiga anniversary. The fact is, both devs and users are fine with that situation as long as both of 'em are satisfied with what they get. But hey, maybe the day will come when they decide to withdraw MorphOS from the public and only use it for themselves in private. Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with morphos but i'm not getting into any illusions about the idea and motivation of the devs regarding our community. In other words, they don't care about the community. it is not their goal to satisfy our needs and wishes. i think its more of a win - win situation. We pay the money, they add some features and buy new hardware to develope furhter with all that money they got.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »03.11.15 - 18:50