• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    dude, if its not relevant for you, why the f are you then hating about it? whats your problem?

The only one I see hating here is you.

Quote:

Regarding new hardware there is NO other alternative for MorphOS but A-EON. The Apple hardware is used and old, not efficient in power comsuption vs. speed.
    Yeah the fpu is a downside on that specific model, but there are dozens of upsides... Nevertheless you'll get a dualcore system for the same price as the sam.

I can buy clean new looking G5 PowerMac all day long for $50-200. Each and every one of them will run circles around this board for a fraction of the cost. This ridiculous board can't even keep pace with a PowerMac G4 from 13 years ago which are often free dumpster finds. Heck, even the X1000 can't keep up with PowerMac G4. It remains to be seen if an X5000 will be able to.

If someone wants a "new" system they can get an Efika, a Sam460 and soon an X5000. The adoption rate of Sam460 by MorphOS users by all accounts seem to be terribly small. The adoption rate of this board would probably be somewhere around zero.

Quote:

maybe you should piss off more people, so that we'll never ever see anything new again. I think you would be pretty happy with that right? There is a huge difference between a constructive and destructive approach to things. the first step would be to honour the hard work in the first place, then we can talk about things to improve. Our MorphOS community is so small and the people from the outside are annoyed by the attitude and arrogance of our community. Maybe we should copy some of the spirit thats alive in the OS4 community and be more tolerant towards developers and hardware engineers. I really cant stand that arrogant attitude.

It is not the responsibility of any consumer to prop up a business making ridiculous decisions. It is up to the business to make something developers want to support and consumers want to buy. I'd need to have a full frontal lobotomy before I'd even consider buying such nonsense they are peddling.

Quote:

If there are cheaper alternatives, have you contacted A-EON and asked them about their decision? maybe you're judging on a subject your not 100% familiar with. Or are you indicating that those people developing the boards are idiots?

You are the one using the word idiot. You can use whatever words you want. You may want to go back and read up the threads about the so called Amiga Netbook, aka Limebook. The decision making in OS4 land can be head scratching at times, to put it kindly.

Quote:

Fact is OS4 users have a large amount of new hardware configurations to choose from. We do not have that possibility.

Option 1
    Option 2
    Option 3
    Option 4

Decision to support option 2 was probably disastrous, though I doubt the MorphOS team would admit it. Time will tell how how option 3 pans out. Will people pay $2,500 for a "new" computer that best scenario will perform like a 10+ year old mid range G5 costing $100-$200?

Besides, the MorphOS Team is very upfront now about leaving this silly PPC sandbox in the future. It will be very nice to be able to use (hopefully) X86-64 off the shelf MBs.

[ Edited by redrumloa 03.11.2015 - 13:48 ]
  • »03.11.15 - 18:45