• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    Quote:

Cego schrieb:
    well there you have it. nobody said that we should become sheep. it seems as you only know living and thinking in extremes. The board is not the best there is, thats true but you got the answer for yourself. the other CPU was not available at that time, so they probably chose the best alternative for the tabor.

And no, we do NOT have more NEW hardware configurations to chose from. The only new hardware available is the Sam460. The OS4 guys have the Sam440, 460 and X1000 and they're still getting more and more hardware with the X5000 and Tabor. Thats a luxury in such a small market and i do think that its more then fair to honour the people realizing that. WE have OLD and USED Mac Systems besides the Sam460 to choose from. So my original statement that the OS4 guys have more new hardware configs to choose from is true. The Apple hardware is over 10 years old, i mean you're maybe happy with that, but those machines will die sooner or later. And the G5s are monsters when it comes to energy consumption, so being cheaper is quite relative when you put it into time perspective.

It seems as you want to put your anger somewhere. My anger is directed towards our morphos community, because nobody really cares and honours the work of other people. As soon as somebody outside of our world produces anything people start to hate about it. And btw, you dont have to honour our MorphOS team, because they don't care. They develop for themselves.

Just think about it. The OS4 community is pretty supportive and they are very active. I can tell, because thats what i experienced live at the Amiga 30th anniversary party in Neuss. It was crazy. We are not here to win any competition or prize. It's about keeping our hobby and passion alive. And everybody is contributing to that, no matter if its 68k, PPC, OS4, MorphOS, OS3.x, AROS,...

I think that every new hardware and contribution is a plus for the Amiga community. I am an Amiga enthusiast in the first place and thatswhy i like MorphOS, my A1200, A4000 and a lot of stuff which is still being produced for that platform.

Yes but at what price? The Tabor has 1.1 Ghz, you could not sell that in normal world, the second core is unused and that will very propably not change. The MorphOS team has made the responsible decision to make a ISA change and up to that point there is a lot of hardware to choose from. AOS will stick to custom PPC hardware forever, at least as long there are any processors to buy (what will certainly be the case for some years). And then it will die together with PPC and still exist as emulated platform. I see no reason to admire the OS4 camp for that decision.
  • »03.11.15 - 15:26