• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Cego wrote:

dude, if its not relevant for you, why the f are you then hating about it? whats your problem?

Regarding new hardware there is NO other alternative for MorphOS but A-EON. The Apple hardware is used and old, not efficient in power comsuption vs. speed.
    Yeah the fpu is a downside on that specific model, but there are dozens of upsides... Nevertheless you'll get a dualcore system for the same price as the sam.

No other alternative than A-eon? I like Trevor and Paul Gentle, but that isn't true.
    Before they created their line of PPC boards, we were looking at creating an MPC8610 board (I myself was working with MPC8640/8640 CPUs).

If Trevor wants to sell us a P1022 solution, why not create a community driven project to build a T1024 board?

Old Macs?
    If supported, PCI-e G5 PowerMac would actually have some advantages over the X5000 (older gen PCI-e, but with AltiVec enabled processors with comparable or better performance).
    And that would cost a boat load less.

Quote:

Cego wrote:maybe you should piss off more people, so that we'll never ever see anything new again. I think you would be pretty happy with that right? There is a huge difference between a constructive and destructive approach to things. the first step would be to honour the hard work in the first place, then we can talk about things to improve. Our MorphOS community is so small and the people from the outside are annoyed by the attitude and arrogance of our community. Maybe we should copy some of the spirit thats alive in the OS4 community and be more tolerant towards developers and hardware engineers. I really cant stand that arrogant attitude.

Maybe we should be sheep. Trevor doesn't have a thin skin and he isn't going anywhere, and btw, I have known him for years and have his private e-mail address. And I have known Paul Gentle at Varisys longer.

I don't want anything to do with 'OS4 sprit'.
    The primary source of arrogance and attitude has come from them.

"Honor hard work'?
    OK Thanks Frank, Mark, Andre, Jacek, Piru and the rest of our developers.

And no slight to the OS4 team, the Friedens have managed a lot with their limited resources (but I still don't like Ben Hermans).

And A-eon and Varisys? I have been one of there biggest backers, UNTIL NOW.

Because Tabor IS a mistake.

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    If there are cheaper alternatives, have you contacted A-EON and asked them about their decision? maybe you're judging on a subject your not 100% familiar with. Or are you indicating that those people developing the boards are idiots?

I never said that. Paul's team is one of the best in the industry, that is why I was consulting him before the Varisys/A-eon connection was known.
    Cheaper alternative? Nope you'd have to spend a whole $10 more for a T10XX CPU.
    And we already know those were not available at the beginning of Tabor's design.

Quote:

Cego wrote:
    Fact is OS4 users have a large amount of new hardware configurations to choose from. We do not have that possibility.

Simply not true.
    Old AmigaOnes use the Artica S chip as does the Pegagos 1.
    They never got around to creating a system that eliminated that part like the Pegasos 2 (which, curiously, they support). And they never sold anything as low cost as the Efika.

We didn't support the X1000 because Ben Hermans was involved with A-eon at the time that was created, but we will support the X5000.

And number of Mac we now support is outrageous.

WE have a far larger base of supported equipment than OS4 (outside of legacy support, which come to think of it is where MorphOS started).

Take your anger elsewhere, I won't accept responsibility for it.
    It comes from the fact that you are just plain wrong.

And, as I have said repeatedly.
    I hope we never support Tabor.

[ Edited by Jim 03.11.2015 - 09:08 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »03.11.15 - 14:05