• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I suggest that all speculation be delayed regarding performance and pricing of the AmigaOne A1222 until after benchmarks are available, and A-Eon has finalized the price which they are going to charge for it. Take the statement from Trevor who has said that the 700 to 1,000 Euro quoted price is "very high" over what the actual price will be, as proof that he is doing his best with A-Eon in partnership with ACube to bring a lower priced new AmigaOne system to the users.

As for the FPU complications and performance implications, I'll wait for actual benchmarks on real world applications and games before passing judgement, as the developers who are actually doing the work of porting to this board are showing very little concern that the performance will be unacceptable. If it were truly that bad, I doubt that they would spend their time working to port to this product.

In other words, I think that most posters in this thread need to calm down and take a "wait and see" attitude, before claiming that the sky is falling.

[ Edited by amigadave 18.10.2015 - 10:34 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.10.15 - 18:33