• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Thanks Red.
    I have let this get personal when that was never my intent (btw - Andre, sorry about the last PM, well sort of).
    I think its worth noting that I've received some seriously nasty character assassination merely for stating my opinion.

The design and marketing of PPC hardware intended for our community is now controlled by essentially one entity.

Up until this point I considered this benign.

But it isn't.

I will say this again, the compromises present in this design are not derived from economic or engineering considerations.

It is an over priced, flawed product that makes me look at the Atom based mini-itx motherboard I have sitting unused on one of my workbenches thinking "they want 700 euros for something that can't outperform that piece of crap - wtf".

The saving grace in all this is the little insight we have been provided by developers like Mark.

We won't have to rely on these sources in the future.

At this point, I'd like to apologize for my hard headed insistence that PPCs be pursued at all costs, especially for the hours I know have gone into ports worked on by our best developers when their time could have been better spent addressing the future.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »14.10.15 - 01:32