• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Andreas_Wolf,
    Quote:

Let's not forget that when it went to the drawing table no later than 2009, it was still planned for 2010 market and probably for a lower price than $3,000 as well (as a longer development process means more expensive development in total) ;-) However, the one thing of those three aspects they could have known beforehand for sure is the PA6T's performance level, as they could have benchmarked it on a PA6T eval board running Linux in the Varisys lab. But then, maybe they did and were satisfied with the results :-)

Very good points. I am not sure what caused the design delays, or what mistakes were made, if any, but I am sure the delay(s) were very costly. I think the original projected price for the X1000 was supposed to be the same price as the original A1000, and if memory serves me (which it usually doesn't), the A1000 originally sold for $1,295.00. I am sure Trevor would have preferred the X1000 to be sold at that price, and he must have been disappointed by the delays and cost increases, but to his credit, he did not give up and abandon the project. I am enjoying my X1000 and am very glad Trevor stuck with his dream and finished the project all the way to product release.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.05.12 - 21:52