Morphos 3.15 doesn't boot on my AmigaOne X5000
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @bearerofthetorch,

Thank you Bruamiga!!! Your proposition is great nut I am medicated and I have no csr or driving license renewed (mine is form 2004)

My solution is to format both HDs under Windows/Linux and try to install later AOS%MOS

Thank you

I can propose to you a solution. Over the coming weekend, during 3 days, there will be a little gathering, the NASS, at Surgère near La Rochelle, https://www.nass-4a.org/ . Warning, the web site is only in french. Despite this might represent for you 1500 or 2000 km, if you come by road, can or could you come to this gathering ? I also own an amigaone x5000 bought 2 years ago from amedia computer, I use it with morphos but not with amigaos. I maybe could help you to obtain your amigaone x5000 to finally boot on morphos or on amigaos.

What do you think about my proposition ?

Brumiga

[ Edité par Brumiga 05.07.2022 - 10:34 ]
  • »05.07.22 - 17:42
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @bearerofthetorch,

Thank you Bruamiga!!! Your proposition is great nut I am medicated and I have no csr or driving license renewed (mine is form 2004)

My solution is to format both HDs under Windows/Linux and try to install later AOS%MOS

Thank you

I can propose to you a solution. Over the coming weekend, during 3 days, there will be a little gathering, the NASS, at Surgère near La Rochelle, https://www.nass-4a.org/ . Warning, the web site is only in french. Despite this might represent for you 1500 or 2000 km, if you come by road, can or could you come to this gathering ? I also own an amigaone x5000 bought 2 years ago from amedia computer, I use it with morphos but not with amigaos. I maybe could help you to obtain your amigaone x5000 to finally boot on morphos or on amigaos.

What do you think about my proposition ?

Brumiga

[ Edité par Brumiga 05.07.2022 - 10:34 ]
  • »05.07.22 - 17:42
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @bearerofthetorch,

Have you tried to take off pci-e 16x the graphic card for amigaos 4.x and install the graphic card compatible with morphos you own ? In january, in this thread https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13268&forum=3#151790 Primax had a problem. His amigaone x5000 that did not boot any longer. His hard drive or solid state disk was in revalidating state. This is because his vendor when he installed morpĥos had left the automatic layout. In this case the partition for morphos is created and formated ffs lnfs dos7 instead of sfs. May be is it your case. Try to boot with morphos copied on a cdr or the image version copied on a usb stick. If you boot successfully verify with hdconfig, present in tools, what is the kind of the system partition.

Brumiga
  • »07.07.22 - 15:43
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @bearerofthetorch,

Have you tried to take off pci-e 16x the graphic card for amigaos 4.x and install the graphic card compatible with morphos you own ? In january, in this thread https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13268&forum=3#151790 Primax had a problem. His amigaone x5000 that did not boot any longer. His hard drive or solid state disk was in revalidating state. This is because his vendor when he installed morpĥos had left the automatic layout. In this case the partition for morphos is created and formated ffs lnfs dos7 instead of sfs. May be is it your case. Try to boot with morphos copied on a cdr or the image version copied on a usb stick. If you boot successfully verify with hdconfig, present in tools, what is the kind of the system partition.

Brumiga

OK nice info.Thank you really with Amigans like you this comunnity advance and grow up.

Today close to the night,I managed to boot my Morphos USB pendrive.I tried to install 3 or 4 times without success but about more than 10000 files were copied.Don't know really what happens.I also re-partitioned the Morphos HD to stay sure all is right on track.But I musn't see why Morphos musn't install well.

If you have something to appoint please do it soon.I am stuck on this issue
  • »11.07.22 - 22:40
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

bearerofthetorch wrote:
    Quote:

Brumiga wrote:
    @bearerofthetorch,

Brumiga

OK nice info.Thank you really with Amigans like you this comunnity advance and grow up.

Today close to the night,I managed to boot my Morphos USB pendrive.I tried to install 3 or 4 times without success but about more than 10000 files were copied.Don't know really what happens.I also re-partitioned the Morphos HD to stay sure all is right on track.But I musn't see why Morphos musn't install well.

If you have something to appoint please do it soon.I am stuck on this issue

Ah! Great news!!! Forgot to say that I re-installed succesfully my AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 this last 9-7-2022 Saturday.I am very happy with it,I am using now.
  • »11.07.22 - 22:42
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Strangely enough, one of the new MorphOS users in Poland had similar problem.
    He installed a clean MorphOS 3.17 on AmigaOne X5000 and went testing the Wayfarer browser. Then the "demo timeout" expired and he tried to close Wayfarer window, but it stuck there. After a good while he decided to shut down the system. After that, MorphOS wouldn't start again (hangs on the "butterfly" screen). He booted from a live CD and started a SFSDoctor but it says the partition cannot be fixed.
  • »18.07.22 - 19:24
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    @koszer
    Maybe a detailed SFS log can help...
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »19.07.22 - 08:58