Surprisingly fruity scripts...
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    This one is for enqueuetorrent (gets around the limitation that enqueuetorrent requires mldonkey to be already running).

Open OWB and go to Settings>Preferences>MIMETypes

Add/Edit entry:
    Mime Type = Application/x-bittorrent /// Extension = torrent /// Action = external viewer, "s:aeTorrent", %l

Open your favourite text editor and save the following as "s:aeTorrent" :

Quote:

.key local
    .bra {
    .ket }

status >NIL: COM mlnet
    if WARN
    echo "Starting MLDonkey... please wait."
    run >NIL: execute "sys:applications/mldonkey/mldonkey"
    wait 20
    endif
    run "sys:applications:enqueue torrent/enqueuetorrent" {local}

The two command line may require altering if your enqueuetorrent is installed elsewhere.
    Requires mldonkey and enqueuetorrent to be installed.
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »23.09.12 - 21:52
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    @Papiosaur,

Please feel free. Only the stingiest person would try to control the release of AmigaDOS scripts :-)

I'm really starting to appreciate how well the mimetype system works in MorphOS. combined with the use of ".key local" in scripting, you can do pretty much anything with a double-click/rmb-menu in Ambient (and OWB).

Windows free since 2011!
  • »23.09.12 - 22:20
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Simple integration of Google translate into Odyssey (OWB) using contextual menus:

OWB>Settings>Preferences>Contextual Menus

Add entry:
    Category = Page
    Label = Translate Page
    Action = OPENURL "http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=%u" NOLAUNCH

(Make sure to press enter after entering the Action string)

All done!

Now you can right-click anywhere on the page, and select 'Translate Page' from the menu. It will reload the page using autotranslation into English.

If you want translation into a different language, just alter the "tn=en" bit of the string appropriately, or visit a google translated page and look at the url.

Windows free since 2011!
  • »04.11.12 - 02:04
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    QuickOpen

Keyboard shortcut (eg RAmiga+O) integrating 'open' command with a pop-up requester.
    Quick & friendly way to use the 'open' command to open URLs, assigns, paths, applications, images, etc (No scary cli) from Ambient.

NB - Not a global hotkey, only works from Ambient.

This is a simple little tweak, but needs MUIRequeststring from Aminet to be installed:

RMB>Settings>Ambient>Keyboard>Custom Command Hotkeys
    Add a Hotkey.
    Name 'QuickOpen'
    Hotkey 'rcommand o'
    Edit command (opens Action Editor window)
    Add an action:
    Type 'AmigaDOS'
    Command string 'execute s:quickopen' (Make sure to press enter!)
    Uncheck all boxes
    Click 'OK' to close Action Editor window
    Click 'Save' to close Ambient Settings window

Save the following as an executable script in s:quickopen

(assumes you have muirequeststring in sys:c )

--------------------------------------------------

c:muirequeststring TITLE "Open.." BODY "Enter path or URL (max length 255 characters)" >env:quickopen
    open $quickopen
    delete >NIL: env:quickopen
    ;have a beautiful time!

[ Edited by boot_wb 09.04.2014 - 18:31 ]

Windows free since 2011!
  • »09.04.14 - 17:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Vpdf in morphos 3.8 will finally have Save option
  • »16.01.15 - 13:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Will VPDF, when this MOS v3.8 is released, also react and print multiple pages to one sheet?

I mention this because I have had no success with printing multiple pages onto one page so far with this option, so I have had to revert to Adobe Acrobat/Reader on one or more other platforms I use to handle the task - which I would prefer not to have to do, but if MorphOS cannot do this at the moment then I have to opt for anothe OS that can handle this task, that is, until MorphOS can be enabled to do so.

This maybe something to do with the Beta Printing system that is currently not completed/released, as there are no options in the Printer Prefs window as it currently just shows a 'blank' page

Is there also likely to be an option to print to a piece of A5, or other standard, and custom paper sizes, instead of only A4 paper, as sometimes a booklet is better on A5 paper than A4 paper?

It would also be fantastic to have a preview display, in an area of the print options window (resizeable if possible - as should the print options requester also be, which currently it is basically only horizontally sizeable, and not vertically, which ideally should also be changed to suit both dimensions with this option. So that it is possible to see the preview, as a magnified/larger preview, if necessary, by resizing the options requester window, so that you know for certain it will look just as you want the print to look like when it is actually clicked on to be printed out, but shown on screen before you click/keypress to print the PDF document, or any other document that VPDF can handle. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »16.01.15 - 16:00
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    If only i had more time everything could be written :).
    I have to finish updating SCANdal (undo and zoom) + new scanner drivers for MorphOS 3.8.
    Depending on MorphOS 3.8 release date i may update VPDF printing part, work on printer drivers and do many more things from my TODO (like additional Reggae decoders/encoders, pdf output from SCANdal, etc.).
  • »16.01.15 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I understand you have limitations on your time, and I for one, really appreciate you adding so much useability to the MorphOS system with whatever you manage to implement for our benefit, including Reggae, VPDF, SCANdal, and the printing system, which I'd really like to see fully implemented - hopefully soon, with as many of the features requested by users, and of course thought of by yourself and the development team.

I really get a lot of use out of SCANdal, and the updates you mention would be really great features for the program to have, so I really hope you manage to implement as many as you can in the limited time you have available. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »16.01.15 - 23:06