• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ RobertDupuy

The bounties are for third party projects by third party developers. We have had bounties for a TCP/IP stack (there hasn't been one included in MorphOS this far), a CSS capable web browser and a some other things. I like the idea, and I think it's good that none-programmers is able to support developments of their choice. In a way this also strengthens the MorphOS platform.

You can of course donate to MorphOS developers as well. I think this is OK too. While MorphOS is a proprietary OS with commercial ambitions, it can hardly be called "commercial" today, since there is no commerce. All the developers have day time jobs and does MorphOS development in their spare time. It has been said that the next MorphOS version, v2.0, will cost money, but there is no way that OS sales could cover even the development costs. So when you talk about "private enterprises" etc you should understand that there is a difference between Microsoft's situation and the MorphOS team's situation, and you can't dra analogies between them.

You don't donate to Microsoft, but if anyone wants to contribute to anything MorphOS related, in any way, then I think it should be encouraged! :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »30.10.07 - 23:35