AudioEvolution 4 for MorphOS.
Poll: Would you be interested in paying 49e for MorphOS port of AudioEvolution4 ?
Ended on 06.06.2010 - 17:43:36
» yes
78 %
78.05 % (32)
» no
21 %
21.95 % (9)
Total Voters: 41

• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Just buy my registration key. Sorry for the delay.
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »10.11.10 - 09:27
    Profile Visit Website
    Develin
    I'll by a license when my salary arrives later this month.
    I totaly forgot that it was released until I saw this thread bumped agains ;)
  • »10.11.10 - 09:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    As soon as I get paid for at least one of the two G4 PowerMacs that I sold at the AmiWest 2010 Show, I will purchase AE4 for MorphOS to fulfill my show of interest in getting it completed.

It is really a shame that he has only gotten less than half the purchases that he expected to get from the poll results of 32 users that showed interest in it.

Sorry for the delay, but the AmiWest show was a much bigger drain to my finances than I had planned on. (at least getting an "IOU" instead of cash, for two of the G4 PowerMacs was better than having to cart them back home)
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.11.10 - 23:17
    Develin
    Keyfile ordered ;-P
  • »27.11.10 - 08:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    If I bought this program would it a) run on my Efika and b) support audio recording through Efika's built in audio input? I've got a TON of old LPs I'd like to convert, and the tiny Efika would be fine for putting stuff into the digital realm.

I've got a *cough* wintel laptop I could probably press into service, or also some overly complicated and expensive Mac thing, but I'm a a proud SCA contrarian, and I'd use the Efika just to say I did!
  • »30.12.10 - 01:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Sorry for long delay, but now ordered my keyfile! Thx alot for your good work!
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »30.12.10 - 07:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    DaveAE
    @Tronman

As long as there is an AHI driver for Efika's line input, then that should be no problem. Please check your AHI prefs if it has input selection/options. Then just download the AE4 MorphOS demo here and let us know if it works! You will be able to play back and record 60 seconds of sound.
  • »30.12.10 - 15:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    DaveAE
    @kriz

Thanks! I should be able to send your keyfile tonight.

@all AE4 users
    I should have an update ready soon with some minor fixes.
  • »30.12.10 - 15:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    XDelusion
    Oh ya, a belated thankx for having started this bounty. I ordered a copy a while back.
    "I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handey

Registered MorphOS user, Amiga user, and Atari 8-bit user.
  • »24.06.11 - 10:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    Awhile ago it was announced that Audio Evolution would soon become freeware for OS4, AROS and MorphOS. The MorphOS version of this great software is now available for download. See here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/index.phpoption=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=19

I tried recording an LP from my turntable and it worked very well. I am happy to not have to deal with corrupted audio files from ProStationAudio anymore for my LP transfers. (20=30 minutes of recording down the drain on occasion) Big Thanks to Davy Wentzler.
  • »10.04.12 - 23:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    realstar

Glad to see you are still around! You are old skool morphos dood ..

Do you think you could start a new thread and post your process for digitizing your vinyl with morphos? This is the kind of thing the community needs desperately.
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »11.04.12 - 05:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I finally downloaded Audio Evolution 4 for MorphOS, but could not find any donation button any where on the site. Since I did not purchase AE4 during the time period when Davey was selling keyfiles for MorphOS, like I had planned on doing, I still want to send him a donation for his work. Anyone know his PayPal account email, so I can send him some money for AE4?

I sent him an email to the info@ email address listed on his site, but I am not sure when he will see that message, or if he will reply to it.

I sent out 2 or 3 other donations to programmers today for other Amiga, or MorphOS software projects, so I would like to send money to Davey for AE4, before I forget, and get distracted again.
  • »11.04.12 - 06:36
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    DaveAE
    I posted the freeware release as news item two days ago, but it has not appeared yet. It can indeed be downloaded from the Purchase section from http://www.audio-evolution.com .

In case you want to donate, my Paypal address is paypal AT audio-evolution.com!

Enjoy!

[ Edited by DaveAE 11.04.2012 - 06:59 ]
  • »11.04.12 - 09:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    realstar
    magnetic,
    Quote:

Do you think you could start a new thread and post your process for digitizing your vinyl with morphos? This is the kind of thing the community needs desperately.

I am currently working on something I will add to the MorphZone Library. I'll post here again when it's ready.
  • »11.04.12 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    DaveAE,
    Quote:

I posted the freeware release as news item two days ago, but it has not appeared yet. It can indeed be downloaded from the Purchase section from http://www.audio-evolution.com .

In case you want to donate, my Paypal address is paypal AT audio-evolution.com!

Enjoy!

Yes, I saw that it was available for free download, but I still wanted to donate as a thank you for your work in porting it to MorphOS, since I was slow in purchasing it before it became free.

Thanks for providing your PayPal account info. I will send the donation money later today. (not sure I can log in to PayPal from the computer I am using at the moment)
  • »11.04.12 - 22:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    realstar

cool. look forward to it! 8-)
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »12.04.12 - 00:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Thanks Dave. Any chance for sourcecode?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.04.12 - 10:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    pampers,
    Quote:

Thanks Dave. Any chance for sourcecode?

I doubt it, but it does not hurt to ask.

Davy says that he will probably not code on or for the Amiga, or any of it's variants ever again, but never is a long time, so he could come back some time in the distant future.

It would be nice if he would release the source code, for other Amiga programmers to continue to upgrade and maintain, but I am sure he put a lot of time and effort into Audio Evolution 4, so it would be hard for him to let go of it and just give it away.

Edit: I sent him a donation and a note of thanks for porting Audio-Evolution4 to MorphOS & OS4.x, and also that I hoped that he would return to coding on Amiga (and Amiga inspired) systems some time in the future. He responded that he will always keep an open mind.

[ Edited by amigadave 11.04.2012 - 23:59 ]
  • »12.04.12 - 10:55
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    DaveAE
    Source code will come as promised, but it was already hard to find time to slide in this freeware MorphOS release in between my other work.
    Question will be where to upload it? Some svn server would be nice so that changes benefit all parties.
  • »12.04.12 - 11:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Dave, we can try to find some solution. I've asked about source code in relation to some features I've asked in past like Reggae integration.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »12.04.12 - 14:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    DaveAE,
    Quote:

Source code will come as promised..

Very kind of you to consider this Dave.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »12.04.12 - 18:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Papiosaur,

Will you be including Audio Evolution 4 in your next Pack Ultimate?

@DaveAE,

Great that you are releasing the source code for Audio Evolution 4. I did not remember that you had promised to release the source code for the Amiga/MorphOS versions.
  • »12.04.12 - 21:05
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I did not remember that you had promised to release the
    > source code for the Amiga/MorphOS versions.

Seems it was there, two months ago:

"Source code will be released soon."
    http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=audio/record/audioevolution4.lha
  • »12.04.12 - 21:16