Senex
    @artickfox

The Team AROS bounty #30 for the initial version of a GTK-MUI wrapper is indeed ready (done by Oliver 'o1i' Brunner) and has been already imported into the contrib-sources of AROS, i.e. it's included in the Nightly Builds now (german news-item at amiga-news.de).

But for many applications, further functions have to be added to the wrapper. But this has been the idea of the wrapper: to get it started at all and thus make it easier and more likely that certain ports are indeed attempted, because now a basic skeleton exists and interested developers will "just" have to implement some more functions, but not the whole thing anymore.

The further plans by o1i et al. for the near future are the integration of as many GLib functions as possible and, as far as this can be achieved, the usage of the original header files. But the main idea has been of course that from now on also further developers join this open-source effort and expand the wrapper by additional functions - depending on which functions they do actually need for the respective piece of software they're wanting to port.

Btw: For MorphOS, Ilkka 'itix' Lehtoranta is turning this wrapper into a dynamic library (gtkmuippc.library).

Regarding AbiWord, I do like this word processor, too. But since there is already Papyrus, I'd say it's not that urgently needed. Of course, this all is just a hobby after all, so if there's anyone who'd have fun in porting it to MorphOS - why not?
  • »04.01.06 - 14:03
    Profile Visit Website