Senex
    Quote:

From the current open bounties

I meant of course opening *new* bounties there for a start - to see if there's at all enough interest in MorphOS bounties. And if there'd be, we could still set up our own bounty system.

I.e. my point has been using their infrastructure for now - instead of implementing an own one by investing much work and time which might end up being already dead on arrival then.

The point of forced open-source software is justified, of course - it's up to the individual taste, obviously. Personally I'm considering it rather a positive thing - especially after the almost-death of MorphOS we've experienced not long ago - , but I do know of course that there are several developers who don't like that idea.

Regarding the point that already the AROS bounty would require the software to also run under MorphOS, for now I was rather thinking about pure AROS bounties as usual - and simply hoping that once the software would be there (for AROS), someone of our usual suspects of porters would take on the task to make a MorphOS version themselves, independent from the person who did the AROS one.

Besides this, there has been some progress lately regarding AROS/PPC (Wanderer booting hosted on Linux, OS X hosted version nearing completion) - so if some Pegasos owner really wanted to develop for AROS, there should be possibilities quite soon.

Well, after all this has just been a suggestion for showing up a possible intermediate solution for a try - instead of risking that again nothing gets achieved regarding a MorphOS bounty system at all. But if indeed enough people with sufficient time, skills and possibilities can be gathered to set up an own MorphOS bounty system - even better!
  • »05.05.05 - 12:19
    Profile Visit Website