Senex
    Quote:

I am not sure where I want to go from here on the matter, so I suppose it's up to the community. Do you still *want* a "bounties" site?

As long as the wanted projects are not too MorphOS-specific - why not simply use the AROS bounties for a start? I.e. make it an AROS bounty and quickly compile it for MorphOS afterwards.

This way we could see how much acceptance the MorphOS bounty idea is getting at all - and if it would turn out there's really a bigger demand, we could still establish a bounty site of our own.

By supporting also AROS by this (and therefore having the sources open, too) would certainly not be bad either - especially since MorphOS did benefit from AROS as well.

Over there at AROS-Exec I've already asked if a bounty for GTK+ 2.x would be reasonable (unfortunately there's not much feedback yet to help me decide if it's nonsense to initiate such a bounty or not). If I'd spend some money on such a bounty I'm of course hoping that the resulting AROS port would also find its way to MorphOS once the original source has been amiganized by the AROS devs.

So maybe for a start we could simply discuss there if such a GTK port would be realistic and, if so, donate money for such an AROS GTK bounty that I'd initiate with money from my Portable Pegasos sale.

What do you think?
  • »05.05.05 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website