Expose bounty proposal
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Could you please give the link to the bounty page?

Other question: Is it possible to extend this bounty to a better touch pad handling on PowerBooks?
  • »03.01.17 - 10:07
    Kronos
    @deka

Touchpads in the latest PBs are limited to 2 fingers making extra gestures kind hard.

Even if, such a feature would be 100% unrelated to the bounty at hand.
  • »03.01.17 - 10:57
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @deka

Touchpads in the latest PBs are limited to 2 fingers making extra gestures kind hard.

Even if, such a feature would be 100% unrelated to the bounty at hand.

I'm not talking about gestures... I think, the cursor movement isn't enough good.
    If this bounty contains some "move the cursor to the edge" gestures, then this bad touchpad handling could make worse the usage of this feature. That is why I mentioned here.

[ Edited by deka 03.01.2017 - 12:06 ]
  • »03.01.17 - 12:01
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Seems a really nice-to-have feature! So I donated a sum, but more to other projects which I would like to see more eagerly. But it's no must-have, I didn't know about it until up to know. :-D Thanks arti040 for your hint!
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »03.01.17 - 18:37
  • Just looking around
    arti040
    Donated 6 Euro but next month I'll try to throw some more serious money. Thanks!
  • »03.01.17 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    This is a very good idea that should introduce a whole new level of flexibility in the UI for those who needs/wants it. I will donate.

:-)

Why wasn't power2people used? To me, that is a quality mark.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »04.01.17 - 10:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

While it's a nice gesture that papiosaur has already started collecting funds towards this goal, I would like to announce an official bounty in a few days with a proposal for 2 tiers : doing the internal layers/intuition modifications with a simpler application doing alt-tab like application switching overlay (would bring all windows of a certain app to front) and Lucy's functionality (in intuition) and the the later tier for the Expose functionality itself.

I will contact papiosaur so that a proper bounty website/description can be set up so that all the conditions are perfectly clear, etc.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 04.01.2017 - 10:12 ]
  • »04.01.17 - 15:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:

As several people have noticed, Power2People has been unable to collect payments via Paypal for months now. Whether this will change is, to be frank, completely unknown.

Also, Power2People only accepts open source projects so this would not have been a good fit in any case as far as I can tell.
  • »04.01.17 - 16:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Oh I didn't know that about power2people, last time I donated was for the Odyssey bounty! ;-) Thanks for the info! :-)

I will keep my eyes open on papiosaur's site for a proper terms/descriptions page, maybe even a "campaign page" where donors names are plated in gold... ;-)

He is a kind-hearted enthusiast that papiosaur, we are blessed to have this kind of people involved, making efforts!

Perhaps a proper announcement when it's ready, so that nobody will miss it?

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »05.01.17 - 01:15
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:

I will contact papiosaur so that a proper bounty website/description can be set up so that all the conditions are perfectly clear, etc.

Maybe you could find some inspiration by looking at the RISC OS bouty page (klick). I think it provides a clear and structured overview at bounty activities.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »05.01.17 - 15:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Just for the record, I've transferred remaining money from FLAC bounty over to expose + little extra from myself.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »11.01.17 - 08:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The bounty is now outlined at WArMUp. I've adjusted the terms a bit and lowered the target.
  • »13.01.17 - 15:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @jacadcaps

Late stopping by, but can you pls add Part 3 where you can add an sCube similar thingy? :P It's just so cool but sadly doesn't work properly with late versions of MorphOS and author doesn't update it.

Btw Lucy has some incompatibilities with some programs, limpic clock is one that comes in my mind (it appears grey after boot and you have to click it to enable transparency effect).

What's the ETA for this bounty? alt tab is imo much needed. Thanks for your efforts!
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »16.01.17 - 20:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    @jacadcaps

Late stopping by, but can you pls add Part 3 where you can add an sCube similar thingy? :P It's just so cool but sadly doesn't work properly with late versions of MorphOS and author doesn't update it.

Yes, it would really be great to have sCube updated so that it works again on 2560x1440 displays! It is really a very helpful and handy little tool when someone (like me) uses several different screens for programs. Perhaps it's not to much work to have it updated and getting it working again. Would be great.

Regards
    Christoph
  • »17.01.17 - 13:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I haven't gave screens much thought so far, but we can go back to this once step 1 and 2 are done.
  • »17.01.17 - 19:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Just a quick update: no update. As with Scout I am a) busy with the email client, b) waiting for 3.10 to become available since all the projects I'm working on / will work on are heavily dependent on the 3.10 functionality.
  • »17.08.17 - 12:45
    Profile Visit Website
    tolkien
    So.... When 3.10 pleaseeeeeeee!?!? Hehehehe
    We wait patienly. Well...I think!
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »17.08.17 - 13:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Is it possible to have virtual desktops in MorphOS? sCube never really interested me. It was more of an eye candy thing than anything functional for me.
  • »17.08.17 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    deka
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Just a quick update: no update. As with Scout I am a) busy with the email client, b) waiting for 3.10 to become available since all the projects I'm working on / will work on are heavily dependent on the 3.10 functionality.

Does it mean, that 3.10 will bring many major changes in the system?
  • »17.08.17 - 14:47
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Is it possible to have virtual desktops in MorphOS?

Sure, it's possible.
  • »17.08.17 - 17:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

If it's still being worked on some functionality, then it'll still take a while for 3.10.
    Must go through testing. etc.

Manfred
  • »17.08.17 - 18:47
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Is it possible to have virtual desktops in MorphOS?

Yes, they're called 'screens'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop#Amiga

;-)

Whatever its called, we dont have it. LOL. To me thats more useful than a 3d cube spinning around.
  • »17.08.17 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website