OWB bugs
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> boot_wb wrote in August 2013 that the HTML5-based Google StreetView worked
    >> for him in OWB.

> Just to clarify, since I'd apparently not been explicit in that thread, I was
    > referring to http://www.instantstreetview.com

Thanks for clarification and sorry for the misinterpretation. Notwithstanding, I still believe that OWB has been working with HTML5-based Google StreetView (the genuine one) right from its start in mid-2013.
  • »20.04.14 - 22:43
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Hello!

If I zoom in and click middle mouse button on a link then the current page and the new page which is opening on a new tab, reverts to default values (zoom resets).

This has been happening for as long I can remember using OWB (almost all versions).

IMO, it should keep the zoomed in values for both the current page AND for the new one you are opening.

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 22.04.2014 - 22:18 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »22.04.14 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I'm having problems with PayPal. I tried to donate some money to BZsili today and I got this:

14684_Snap-5%20-%201074x128x24.png

It has happened before, but then it did work after a while for some reason.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »09.05.14 - 10:54
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I'm having problems with PayPal. I tried to donate some money to BZsili today and I got this:

I got the same when buying IceDoctor keyfile from Leif's homepage.
    Was this from a 'donate' or 'purchase' button embedded on a website by any chance? (I wonder if it's an error in the general case for these links, since using Paypal directly via the paypal/Ebay page still seems to work ok)
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »09.05.14 - 12:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Yes, it was a donate button. If I remember right, using PayPal in a normal fashin works.

My MorphOS blog
  • »09.05.14 - 12:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:

I got the same when buying IceDoctor keyfile from Leif's homepage.
    Was this from a 'donate' or 'purchase' button embedded on a website by any chance? (I wonder if it's an error in the general case for these links, since using Paypal directly via the paypal/Ebay page still seems to work ok)

Same happen to me while I tried to login on polish gumtree.
    I think this is general SSL connection problem of OWB 1.42.

[ Edited by r-tea 18.05.2014 - 20:17 ]
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »18.05.14 - 22:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @r-tea

Yes, I'm having the same problem with most Paypal related actions. I hope a new SSL will fix this for the next version.

My MorphOS blog
  • »18.05.14 - 22:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Furvert
    I guess i posted this in the wrong place. Not sure if any others reported this. It has been happening for the last 2 updates so I guess I need to bring it up.
    I am having problems saving images from sites. One I have established as the sites settings and going on a long time, but the other is different. I didn't have this issue with the OWB Version 1.20 that comes with MorphOS 3.51. Ii in fact it still works for the site, but 1.23 and 1.24 do not.
    It's a friend's pay site and they are an Amiga/MorphOS user too. I'm able to log in just fine and even view the images when I click on thumbnail links to view the art, but saving image isn't working. There is no java script or anything in place to block downloading them. A file is created with the image's name and extention, (.jpg or .png) however it's a html file. What I get is (website name removed but everything else given)

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>401 Authorization Required</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Authorization Required</h1>

This server could not verify that you
    are authorized to access the document
    requested. Either you supplied the wrong
    credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
    browser doesn't understand how to supply
    the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<address>Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at (website name removed) Port 80</address>
    </body></html>
  • »19.05.14 - 06:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @r-tea

Yes, I'm having the same problem with most Paypal related actions. I hope a new SSL will fix this for the next version.

This is internal OWB bug. Recently I switched back to 1.23 and all SSL connections issues just vanished.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »30.05.14 - 18:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am getting an error with the You Tube Scripts for OWB at the moment - I get an error message, saying the scripts cannot be loaded.

Is there some other file I am missing?

I am running OWB v1.24 at the moment. I can see the HTML5 videos usually, though some are problematic. Not that I go on YouTube that often, but having been on there occasionally over the last few weeks this error has occurred on each occasion.

Just wondered if someone else had noticed this problem. The script window opens, and I get the message saying - "there was an error and the files could not be loaded. Please copy the URL (address) and report the problem + URL to Discussions
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »07.06.14 - 00:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @NewSense

You can download Youtube Center and use that script instead of Fab's one. It works fine for me, though it's a much heavier script.

https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

My MorphOS blog
  • »07.06.14 - 13:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    @NewSense

You can download Youtube Center and use that script instead of Fab's one. It works fine for me, though it's a much heavier script.

https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

I downloaded it, but am having no success with it.

I also have a GumTree website account, and was able to upload an advert/photos through OWB, but I am unable to edit it at all using OWB on their web address, in fact the page does not format/display correctly with OWB, probably a Javascript issue, though it is a HTTPS web address to access the account/advert, so I have had to use my PC and Firefox to get around this editing issue, but it really could do with addressing/fixing with OWB.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.06.14 - 15:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    NicePics13
    My sister was visiting from Norway and tried logging into finn.no but they're using something called SPiD and OWB 1.23/1.24 craps out with Error 35: SSL connect error every time.
    I've tried browser spoofing, checked the ignore SSL errors option and even updated the curl-ca-bundle.crt but no luck :P
    She could log in with other webkit browsers like OmniWeb on OS X Tiger, rekonq and QupZilla on *nix.

CBM Amiga 1200 + 4MB AMITEK with 33MHz 68882 FPU
    PowerBook5,4 1024MB 1333MHz G4
  • »30.06.14 - 17:43
    Cool_amigaN
    Recently I removed all my stored passwords from the list but once I revisited some sites (gmail, fcbk, ebay etc), I found out that the passwords were still there.

Also the fullscreen button on yt doesn't seem to respond (I 've checked with videos that previously worked).

Using latest OWB, with updated Scripts and MorphOS 3.5.1 (haven't updated yet).
  • »01.07.14 - 09:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Recently I removed all my stored passwords from the list but once I revisited some sites (gmail, fcbk, ebay etc), I found out that the passwords were still there.

Also the fullscreen button on yt doesn't seem to respond (I 've checked with videos that previously worked).

Using latest OWB, with updated Scripts and MorphOS 3.5.1 (haven't updated yet).

Some passwords can also be stored and restored with cookies/javascript, depending on sites, not only filled by Odyssey's password/autofill manager.

As for Youtube fullscreen mode, i'll check but it still worked a couple days ago. Give a link if necessary.
  • »01.07.14 - 13:17
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @Fab

Well, I amazed to find out that both Gmail and Facebook have kept my passwords. I am using the machine for MorphOS display and I don't want accidentally someone to start browsing on my mails. Is it possible to erase the password once stored?

Btw, yesterday I tried to make a transaction on PayPal (renew my AF subscription) but I ended up on this error. Does it have anything to do with libcurl or something? I tried with different spoofing combinations/java enabled disabled etc, but nothing worked.

EDIT:
    Also, this yt video doesn't work on fullscreen (fullscreen button doesn't seem to respond).

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 04.07.2014 - 10:22 ]
  • »04.07.14 - 09:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> Some passwords can also be stored and restored with cookies/javascript

> Is it possible to erase the password once stored?

If it's stored in the cookies, well, delete the relevant cookies I'd say. There's also the HTML5 local storage in /conf/LocalStorage/ which I guess may be able to store passwords. You can delete this as well.

> java enabled disabled

JavaScript.

> this yt video doesn't work on fullscreen (fullscreen button doesn't seem to respond).

Fullscreen button works fine here.
  • »04.07.14 - 10:34
    Cool_amigaN
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

> this yt video doesn't work on fullscreen (fullscreen button doesn't seem to respond).

Fullscreen button works fine here.

I've revered to OWB 1.23 (including the scripts) and fullscreen button started to reply again.

@r-tea
    Unfortunately mine issues remain, regardless of the version installed (1.23/1.24). Perhaps I will try an even older version because it's a pity having OWB crippled with PayPal :(
  • »07.07.14 - 12:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>> this yt video doesn't work on fullscreen (fullscreen button doesn't seem to respond).

>> Fullscreen button works fine here.

> I've revered to OWB 1.23 (including the scripts) and fullscreen button started to reply again.

Button works here with v1.24. No scripts, no spoofing, no HTML5 beta required. Just works.
  • »07.07.14 - 20:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I thought I had an issue with ebay the other day when my PURCHASE HISTORY page loaded - but was BLANK, that means the ebay page itself loads, so that the menu loads on the left, and the header and footer information are shown but NO PURCHASES - NO LIST of items bought is shown at all.

I flushed the cookies for ebay (all of them) and still have the same problem. I contacted ebay who said all was OK at their end, and now that I have switched on my Windows system and run Firefox the Purchase History page loads OK.

So, I can only think that ebay have recently changed some part of their Javascript for that page which is not supported in OWB.

I was using OWB v1.24, but have also tried OWB v1.22 and get the same result with both versions of OWB.

Unless someone else has another solution to fix this issue? 8-D

EDIT: I have since learned that ebay have definitely changed the format of the PURCHASE HISTORY page, and added a couple of options onto the page, and I feel sure this is what OWB cannot handle, so until it gets fixed the ebay Purchase History page will remain 'broken' as far as OWB is concerned

EDIT2: I have returned to the ebay Purchase History page, and now find that it is working as it should again with OWB, so what the problem was with it I have absolutely no idea.

So that's one problem solved, but the issue with the Gumtree website still continues and I cannot update any of my adverts with OWB, and have to rely on dropping back to Windows or Mac OSX and use one of the browsers on those platforms to do any editing I need for adverts I have on that website.

I know it's not a major problem, but OWB still needs fixing for that website.

[ Edited by NewSense 31.07.2014 - 23:53 ]
  • »25.07.14 - 23:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I was trying to track a package via the courier Hermes, but they have changed/altered some of their site features, so when you try to track a parcel now you get a requester about accessing the site - error 35: SSL connect error.

I have a bookmark set that allows me to access their website through another page for these tracking features but most people will not have this option, and will only utilise the parsed one from ebay.

So the default/parse from ebay to this website for the tracking of a package I sent will not allow me to use the tracking on the Hermes website, so this is a limitation of the SSL features that are part of OWB, and needs fixing. Please ;-)
  • »18.08.14 - 16:00
  • ede
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ede
    It seems to be downloading files from Google Drive isn't working. Is it just me? :)
  • »28.08.14 - 14:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Can't help you with the Google drive issue, as I don't use it, but ...

I also wondered if it would be possible to allow a right mouse click on a bookmark to be able to offer the option of Open, or Open in a Tab, or Open in New Window - as is allowed on a Quicklink-ed bookmark button - which is based on a bookmark anyway, but at the moment opening a bookmark only opens in the window/tab that is currently active.

Even a historically closed entry opens in a new Tab, but a standard Bookmark seems to have missed out on this beneficial feature/option.

I also wonder when the Ctrl + 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/0 option to move from one Tab to the relevant numbered one will work - even when you are not in the upper area of the GUI, as it doesn't work when you are in the webpage display area of OWB - which seems a bit ridiculous really - maybe an additional qualifier key like Shift would solve this issue, so Ctrl + Shift + 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/0 - rather than having to click first-of-all in the upper menu / navigation area of the GUI to be able to activate this Move-to Tab feature.
  • »11.09.14 - 23:09
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    NicePics13
    PayPal seems to be working (again?) with OWB 1.24 and the updated ca-bundle.crt from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

CBM Amiga 1200 + 4MB AMITEK with 33MHz 68882 FPU
    PowerBook5,4 1024MB 1333MHz G4
  • »28.03.15 - 13:56
    polluks
    Quote:

NicePics13 schrieb:
    PayPal seems to be working (again?) with OWB 1.24 and the updated ca-bundle.crt from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

Thanks!

Code:
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bagder/ca-bundle/master/ca-bundle.crt --no-check-certificate
    copy ca-bundle.crt TO SYS:Applications/OWB/curl-ca-bundle.crt
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »28.03.15 - 19:50