• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Poor buggers.
    They really used to be popular.
    Chances of them surviving don't look good.
    But hey, Bill's giving them old Amiga apps!

Adding my own sorcery to this thread Necromancy, the Blackberry Priv was a success, the first in years. Wasn't huge, but it didn't bomb like earlier BB offerings. And all without Amiga Inc and the games it ripped off and never released. Since now BB have gone the Android route, Amiga Inc's games are pointless - if indeed they were ever real, which I doubt. I wonder if BB know how much they dodged a bullet keeping away from the possibly-fictitious "Bill McEwen Jnr".

Incidentally one of the games - K240 - was my favourite Amiga game ever, and one of the few games that were never ported to MS-DOS. As a game it wouldn't have translated well to mobile (just like all the others AInc were trying to hawk), but could have been turned into a pretty good tablet game with a bit of work (certainly better than its MS-DOS sequel, Fragile Alliance).

And that's the shame. Games released under the Gremlin brand will probably never see the light of day again, whether it be Steam or Origin or any other remix. It adds just another precious relic of the past that the con outfit known as Amiga Inc has defecated on, and will be just one more sip of champagne for the parties when Bill finally goes to prison.

[ Edited by KennyR 31.01.2016 - 15:01 ]
  • »31.01.16 - 14:50