• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Whilst I'd love to see MorphOS on this machine, I'm not holding out much hope. Too much politics. It was a welcome development to see AmigaOS4.x ported to the Peg2 machines: given the history it was a surprise to say the least, but I just can't see this being reciprocated.
    Additionally, AmigaOS4.x had a lot to gain from the porting effort (proven, powerful, relatively cheap, relatively easily available machines), whereas MorphOS does not have that need: having moved towards Mac PPC support, the powerful hardware is already cheap and easily available.

I've had dealings with Trevor in the past, and he's always come across as a good guy - both to talk to and to do business with.
    He also has a good business pedigree, so I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to pull it off: even if his own personal interest in the Amiga blinded him with optimism (and I don't believe this to be the case), I would be surprised if that would be enough to convince his business partner (Anthony Moorley) to invest. There must be a sound business plan in place.

Personally I do think the initial quoted price is higher than is sustainable within the community, although I will buy one anyway if funds permit.
    However, when compared against the price of the top-end Mac product lines the price does not seem quite so ridiculously high after all (although one can argue about comparative performance, etc of course).

As to ever seeing a MorphOS release for it: as the devs say, so it goes (and that seems to be somewhere between a 'highly unlikely' and a 'definitely-not').
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »23.06.10 - 18:23
    Profile Visit Website