How many MorphOS2.x licenses do you own?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    @Dake:
    Wow!! You are a spreading da virus :-) Really cool!!!

1 for my PeggyII 1G

My power mobo waiting for 2G and MorphOS...
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »05.01.10 - 19:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    dake, you are my hero! I would consider trying to switch my Mother from MacOSX to MorphOS2.x when/if it ever gets released for her 1.33GHz G4 iBook, but she is almost 82 years old and her iBook is the only computer she has ever used (her 5 children, including me, bought it for her as a Xmas present several years ago so she could use iChat & Skype to do video calls to other family members, like my Sister that lives half a world away in New Zealand). She can barely handle using email and fails more often than not when she tries to print out a picture someone has sent her. I don't think MorphOS2.x would be a good fit for her, but I will try to get my Brother's and Sister's to take a look at it to see if it fits their needs.

@Thread,

With so many members here asking for a change to the pricing of MorphOS, PLEASE do not write a single complaint from any of you if the team does lower the price after you have purchased it at the current full price. Other companies lower prices all the time on items without any regard for purchasers that bought the very same product just the day before, or indeed just hours before the price change went into effect. There will always be a few that get a bad deal by purchasing something and then having a price drop happen right after their purchase, so please, please do not make a single complaint if this happens to you if the MorphOS team ever decides to lower the price of MorphOS in the future.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »06.01.10 - 02:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dake
    @amigadave Yes I believe it's best to go for your brother and sister in this case:)
    Your 82 year old mother using computers? that's very very impressive!

[ Edited by dake on 2010/1/6 16:27 ]
  • »06.01.10 - 14:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I own 3 licenses for my 3 PegasosII:
    2 Pegs 1GHZ, 1Peg 1,266 GHz (MOS2.4+AOS4)
    For 95% of my applications they are quick enough, but I would be enjoyed by a 2 or more GHZ-board and more powerfull grafix......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »06.01.10 - 15:44
  • Just looking around
    I own two licences, one for my PegII-G4 and one for my MacMini 1,42 Ghz.
  • »06.01.10 - 19:08
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DiskDoctor
    Just one for the mini and no more. I have to collect for my Amiga hobby and it reaches beyond the MorphOS alone.

Plus I assume buying software, that's funds too.
    Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
    Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
    Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
    Planned soon: an OS4 system
    Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)
  • »06.01.10 - 19:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    @ amigadave
    That is really not good and I hope the MorphOS Development Team considers this reality very carefully and tries to do something to get most of those approximately 75% of 1.4 MorphOS users to upgrade to 2.x and purchase a license key.

I am one of MorphOS 1.4 users who is determined to buy MorphOS 2.x license because I love this OS 'cause it still feels and tastes like an old AmigaOS.
    The only thing stands on my way is a bit too high price... but just for now I hope :)
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »06.01.10 - 21:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

r-tea wrote:
    @ amigadave
    That is really not good and I hope the MorphOS Development Team considers this reality very carefully and tries to do something to get most of those approximately 75% of 1.4 MorphOS users to upgrade to 2.x and purchase a license key.

I am one of MorphOS 1.4 users who is determined to buy MorphOS 2.x license because I love this OS 'cause it still feels and tastes like an old AmigaOS.
    The only thing stands on my way is a bit too high price... but just for now I hope :)

Glad to hear that you are planning on buying a MorphOS2.x license key. Now if we can just convince the rest of the 74.85% of the 1.4.5 users that have not decided to upgrade to make the same choice.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »06.01.10 - 21:40
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @amigadave

Your assumption that there would still be 75% of 1.4 users that didn't upgrade to 2.x is quite wrong, i'd say. You overestimate the initial pool of MorphOS users. I doubt there were that many Pegasos sold (let's exclude the ones bought for Linux or for nothing at all :)).
  • »06.01.10 - 22:19
    Profile Visit Website