• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JohnFante
    My goal is to get OS4.1 and MorphOS to boot from the same drive on my X5000 or alternatively to get MorphOS to boot from the same drive I have Linux installed.

My setup is that I have a DVD and a HD attached to the onboard SATA-ports and another HD attached to a SIL3114 with linux installed. I boot the linux kernel frem an USB and then linux itself from the HD.

I have uploaded my partition-scheme here: Partitions

As you can see I prepared for MorphOS support when I partitioned the drive way back :-). DH2 is formated as SFS and the idea was to install the MorphOS system partition there.

Is that possible or does it need another hidden partition as it does on a Mac. The rest af the data partitions I would install on the first part of the linux drive where I have an old Ubuntu installation that I do not need.

I have searched in Uboot for the MorphOS boot variables so that I can tell it where to look but did not find any.

Another course could be to install MorphOS on the first half of my linux drive but I think that boot from SIL3114 is not supported on X5000 or is it?

I could move the linux HD from the SIL and install MorphOS from USB. I have looked for the recommend partition scheme for X5000 but not found any. Do I need any hidden partitions or? I would like to keep my second fienix-linux installation so I would not like to use my complete drive.

Thank you in advance! :-)
  • »02.04.20 - 16:52