MorphOS 3.12
    Kronos
    @jPV

If he gets a picture on the external screen at boot without closing the lid or setting Ambient that way in prefs something is off.

Default behaviour is, Ambient opens on the internal, external stays dark till you open a ".1" screenmode.
  • »27.10.19 - 08:43
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Default behaviour is, Ambient opens on the internal, external stays dark till you open a ".1" screenmode.

Not here. On my PowerBook when I hook an external monitor it shows mirror display till I open a ".1" screenmode.
  • »27.10.19 - 08:52
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Humm... everyone is having different experience then.

On my PowerBook 5,9 if I have external monitor connected and boot from the ISO ( = clean system) with the lid open, the MorphOS bootpic is shown on the internal display, but then I get Ambient displayed on the external monitor (already at the keyboard selection window) and the internal display shows trashed graphics. I have to manually configure Ambient to the internal display on the installed system then. This sounds exactly like on amigadave's machine, and I have thought it's a normal situation :)

[ Edited by jPV 27.10.2019 - 10:04 ]
  • »27.10.19 - 09:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    @jPV

Yeah, I guess I have to correct mysel. On ISO boot (aka no screenmode saved in prefs) thats normal, heck on my PMacG4 Ambient will even open on the Voodoo in that case.....
  • »27.10.19 - 09:11
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    By default, the system will open using a screenmode with highest resolution. Once you save a screen size, it'll do its best to find a matching mode. That said, there's currently no logic which display path to pick when selecting a mode (so whether it'll pick a 1680x on internal or external display is undefined). Hopefully I'll have a chance to improve this for 3.14.
  • »27.10.19 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    @jaca

Well that explains that
    Radeon -> 1600x1024
    Voodoo -> 1680x1050
  • »27.10.19 - 09:36
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @jPV,

Thanks, I was hoping for a "step-by-step" message that could walk me through setting up the dual monitor displays, to show everyone at the show. I'll probably set up OWB on the 37" TV, and leave Ambient on the PowerBook's built-in LCD. Then I'll also demo a few other programs on the larger screen, if I can get them working like OWB. I knew I could count on you guys, thanks.

I was looking for the tool to monitor the different temperature sensors in both my PowerBook, and my G5 PowerMac, but couldn't find the tool. I think I remember reading somewhere that the fan control tool is a command line only tool, but thought that there might be other tools for displaying the temperature of the different sensors. I think that the liquid cooling system in my G5 PowerMac isn't working properly, so I'll be using my backup (unregistered) Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac at some points during the day. I was thinking of possibly trying to sell my backup system. Both G5's have Apple X800XT video cards, which is nice.

I'll report more later, but now I need to get back to getting ready for the show to begin this morning.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.10.19 - 16:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I was looking for the tool to monitor the different temperature sensors in both my PowerBook, and my G5 PowerMac, but couldn't find the tool.

Do you mean SensorsList?
  • »27.10.19 - 17:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    The PowerMac7FanControl doesn't work on a PowerBook.
  • »27.10.19 - 18:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Think, you are searching for that tool:

https://bigfoot.morphos-team.net/test/PowerMac7FanControl

Thanks for the link and thanks to igracki for the "SensorList" suggestion, I will check them both out in a few minutes.

I did get my external display working, and have OWB running on the 37" TV, and ambient on my laptop LCD. I really like having two displays to work with. Now to download and install more 3rd party software. Daniel is here and kindly has provided a link to the MorphOS version for Bomberman, that will be the first thing I install and try out. It was great that he could make the trip here to attend AmiWest 2019, and it was also great meeting his beautiful wife and their baby. That is one of the best things about attending shows in person, instead of just watching videos of the events online, you get to meet wonderful people, and make friends.
  • »27.10.19 - 18:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Well, the 2019 AmiWest Show is starting to wind down, as more and more people need to leave to catch their flights home, or some need to leave because of the fires and electrical shut down. So this will be my last message posted from my MorphOS system at the show. I didn't have the time I wanted to prepare properly, so I'll have to do a better job of that next year. It was great meeting some new people, and seeing many younger people attending this year's show. And as always, it was great seeing my old friends, after not being able to attend AmiWest the past few years.

I want to encourage all of you reading this message to consider coming to a future AmiWest Show. It is always good to meet with like minded people, who share your interests and enjoy your hobby. Consider planning a trip to see the USA, and do it during the month of October, so you can also attend AmiWest.
  • »27.10.19 - 22:13
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    eliot
    Bomberman for Mos? I dont know it?!
    regards
    eliot
  • »28.10.19 - 06:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Swap between the screens by the screen depth gadget or the command-m
    > shortcut to get the mouse pointer to the wanted screen.

Unless misread, this sounds like MorphOS 3.16 now behaves more like mainstream operating systems:

"Intuition
    Reimplemented handling of monitors with multiple outputs, enabling mouse movement between displays
    "
    https://www.morphos-team.net/releasenotes/3.16
  • »09.03.22 - 15:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    There seems to be a serious issue in 3.16 screen blanking!
    I've "no blanker" choosen and after a while (without action), screen went black (as is does also in MOS <3.16). But it is'nt possible to wake up system again (can only reboot)!! System seems to run (can access drives in Envoy), but doesnt accept any input from mouse or keyboard (USB)
    Never had seen this behaviour before MOS 3.16.
    It happens on both G5-2.3GHz where I've installed MOS3.16 till yet. Graphiccard is in both cases a Radeon 9600P.

Is there any possibility to switch that blanking completely off?
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »11.03.22 - 19:34
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    @AmigaHarry2 you can put 0 minute to disable it

[ Edité par beworld 11.03.2022 - 20:52 ]
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »11.03.22 - 19:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you! Try that.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »11.03.22 - 23:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Tested it again - is reproducable! And is seems that it does some deep things to system, because, even after a warm-reboot, there are some stange things, like Wordpad, MorphED, etc. loads textfiles correct (name shown in windowborder), but no text is invisible (or there is none)! After a cold-reboot everything works normal.
    Think, this could be a issue of new Radeon-Driver.........

Will check that out to Peg2, Efika, Mini and PB, whether thy do the same.....

Workaround by setting monitor-blank-time to zero works, of course!
  • »12.03.22 - 10:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Is there any possibility to switch that blanking completely off?

You can set blanker delay to 3660 minutes or so, which of course only works if your system is not a 24/7 turned on device. Just make sure you edit both delay values for blanker and monitor blanking.

Ah, zero works, too. Makes sense.
  • »12.03.22 - 12:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Tested now on PB-G4 and EFIKA (Radeon9200S): Works as it should!
    Sure that Peg and Mini will also do (test it later) - seems really a G5 or Radeon 9600 issue.....
    I'll open a ticket to MOS-team!
  • »12.03.22 - 17:18
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Does it happen for both output ports ? It might be some specific issue with multi output support unrelated to the fact that you use two output ports at once or not.
  • »12.03.22 - 17:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Tested it now (I use only one monitor): You're right - changed to port near PCI-Slot and it works!!

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 12.03.2022 - 19:59 ]
  • »12.03.22 - 18:43