• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    @thread

Would appreciate hearing any opinions on this.
    Background:
    Last court document October 8, 2019 from the "contract" case
    As it makes mention of the "trademark" case (by speaking of C-A Acquisitions Corp.), and given both case were basically pushed back because the court believed settlement was the likely outcome by end of year...
    Why then on November 6, 2019 was there a motion filed for default by C-A Acquistions Corp./Cloanto?

Source

Concerning the above mentioned (source link) "trademark case":

ORDER granting Plaintiffs'16 Motion for Default Against Hyperion Entertainment CVBA

No document available yet, but court orders usually are made public.

Regarding your earlier question, about why CA_Acquisition Corp would continue to file new motions against Hyperion, even though the court is granting extensions because the court thinks that a settlement will be the final outcome before the end of the year, (if I am understanding your question correctly), I believe that Cloanto and CA_Acquisition Corp. MUST continue to act as if there will be no settlement with Hyperion, to continue to apply pressure on a certain Belgian lawyer, or such lawyer will not act in "good faith", as has apparently happened in previous negotiations. If Mike and the lawyers working for Cloanto and CA_Acquisition Corp. don't act as if no settlement will be reached, they may lose time, money and leverage to win any case they are involved in against Hyperion. They are smart to act as if Hyperion will attempt to act as friends, only to gain some kind of advantage, then stab Cloanto/CA_Acquisition Corp. in the back at the first opportunity, if they lower their guard. Just look at how Hyperion has acted in the past, and how they initially obtained the rights to AmigaOS4. Only a fool would ........, well, you get where I'm going with this train of thought.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.11.19 - 14:57