Yokemate of Keyboards
Posts: 10497 from 2003/5/22
> Your problem is You do not accept reality.
The problem is that you make up your own reality.
> In Your imagination large part of 3.1 was made from scratch.
No, 3.1 is based on 3.0 with most components almost unchanged. What we're talking about is the level of accumulated changes from 1.3 to 3.1, which is another dimension.
> important parts of 3.1 are 1.3 plus small set of patches.
These alleged "small set of patches" is what makes the difference between licensed and non-licensed distribution.
> My advice: accept things as they are.
I will follow your advise and accept these facts:
1. Exec library, trackdisk device and audio device do not make up 1.3 or 3.1.
2. Almost all components have changed from 1.3 to 3.1.
3. 1.3 is not included in 3.1, neither technically nor legally.
4. With respect to the agreement, the granted license to 3.1 is distinct from a license to 1.3.
5. So far, you failed to name any component that went unchanged from 1.3 to 3.1.