• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Well...we always have our own roadmap, and legacy CPU emulation was not ruled out, it's just a matter of developer resources.

In the meanwhile I'm playing around with late 2005 PowerMac G5s, trying to decide how powerful a Zen2 system I want build should be, and prepping for entry into an MBA program.

As always, my main focus with MorphOS has been the promotion of improved video capabilities.
    I'm not an ISA fanatic, and don't favor X64 or PPC.
    Just give me something to run the damned OS, and keep upgrading it.

And as much as I like Hans de Ruiter, I'm freaking tired of being upstaged by him. I REALLY think we need to raise a bounty for Frank, Mark, and Michal.
    Graphics are the core of any Amiga-like OS.

And on Reggae, it is showing its age, but a little work could prevent the need for a radical change.

You know, thinking on my last comments, a melding of our OS' isn't that sensible.
    MorphOS and its micro kernel really aren't that Amiga like, just Abox with its 3.1 API compatibility.
    As an old Microware OS9 68K user, it's my opinion that MorphOS is BETTER than AmigaOS.

And MorphOS NG will reinforce this. It's time to stop standing in the shadow of an inferior product.

This doesn't alter my opinion that it's time to drop the adversarial bullshit.

But Red is right, let's get on with it. Power9, X64, whatever. If we need funding, let's raise it, or find it.
    I want a real OS so I don't have to make apologetic excuses to rude jerks like Steve Ferrels.

And the base for this has been there a long time, from the earliest work done by Ralph and Frank.

A good, clean, light, micro kernel based OS with modern features running on commodity hardware would be pretty unique.
    And in my opinion, more in line with the spirit of what Jay Miner intended then the retread of OS3.1 that OS4 is.

But again, can't we all still get along?

[ Edited by Jim 21.05.2019 - 07:58 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »21.05.19 - 11:56