• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    > board needs a bit of love not given by Hyperion. Onboard LAN driver
    > will not be fixed (forgotten), Xorro does not have developer tools or
    > usability with avail cards

A>Seems like lack of love by A-Eon as well, not just Hyperion. Btw, lack of xCORE/Xena/Xorro A>support is not X1000-specific. It's the same with X5000.

Surely,since its not done properly on x1000, it goes along.
    Too bad at least x5000 it wasnt replaced by FPGA chip

> Its my private decision not support OS4 software and OS until they deliver
    > original promises of x1000 era - [...] Timberwolf or newest OWB port [...].

A>I don't remember Timberwolf or OWB being promised by Hyperion or A-Eon.

True, but it was promoted/collected in same times, and was an important decision factor.
    TW was collected bounty by Hyperion, unofficially.

Friedens HQ still has a claim
    http://friedenhq.org/amiga/timberwolf/
    "Timberwolf is the AmigaOS port of Mozilla’s Firefox browser. Currently, the code is based on Firefox 4.0.1, but we’re working on bringing it up to the latest build (18.0.1 at the time of writing, although 19.x is more likely)."

If you wish more unfulfilled AEON matters, Warp3D was supposed to go for 5xxx and 6xxx cards and was never done.

> And fix Linux with SI cards. Or port MOS and fix Linux.

A>Not using OS4 until Linux is fixed or MorphOS is ported sounds irrational. Btw, not porting A>MorphOS to the X1000 is a decision made solely by the MorphOS team, not by A-Eon or A>Hyperion.

AOS4 simply lacks productivity apps and Linux does need fixes to work properly on SI cards. Even GNOME fails without proper 3D. Not to mention KDE etc. Plus, x1000 and x5000 dont have official support so its a bit dirty hacks and waiting for DD images. Contrary, Pegasos support is still included in many distros oficially.

Decision to port to x5000 was MOS team decision funded by AEON, so it seems its down to funding. Ideas seems to be to make x5000 more exclusive then it is.

Back to topic:

Dont see how legal mumbo jumbo will end. OS 3.1.4 is Hyperion saver, but offers "too little, too late". I wish OS 3.9+ would advance as m68k OS, but this simply isnt that.

Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Maybe you should reconsinder the exact meaning of MorphOS and „runs“ to get my drift ;)

I always considered MorphOS not only to be "morph" of AOS to more advanced, optimized, beautiful but also morphing as many PPC machines to be MOS-able ("morphing them to Amiga like").

[ Edited by vox 29.11.2018 - 05:23 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »29.11.18 - 05:20