• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:
    Amigadave

I agree that wishing Hyperion did not exist is not necessarily a totally negative comment, I never said it was..

However, the statement that I WAS talking about was,

"I just want shit to hit the fan and everything to fall apart. Any legal claim lost, all fucked. That would make me laugh and I wouldnt care at all."

Go ahead and let me know exactly how useful and positive this statement is/was.
    This kind of bullshit comment is of no value to anyone (Other than the author who clearly has no intent on debating anything civilly)

You are correct in that I should probably give up on hoping for anything of value to ever come from anything online moving forward.

Sad but true..

Your join date says 2009, but how long have you really been watching the online "Amiga Kommunity"? How closely were you watching since you became a part of it? A majority of us started off as a part of the internet Kommunity in the mid 90s. There is a mountain of baggage.

The MorphOS team certainly don't and most MorphOS users don't consider the OS to be an "Amiga" for a very good reason. Morphzone is a thing for a reason.

There is no fixing the "Amiga Kommunity" as long as Hyperion (and arguably McBill's Amiga Inc) are around. Many of us do still own an Amiga Classic, but we stay far far away from the "Kommunity". It is toxic and the legacy forums have absolutely nothing to offer. They are corporate fan sites for a company, A-Eonkit. The classic platform itself has a handful of nice hardware release, but a flat ZERO when it comes to software releases in nearly 2 decades. The best and brightest are long gone, mostly to MorphOS.

Your idea of people ignoring serious litigation and coming together for a zen session is simply not happening. The Amiga Kommunity is the most toxic retro community in the history of computers. Again, that's why most of us don't consider ourselves "Amigans" even if we own a classic.

[ Edited by redrumloa 06.11.2018 - 19:10 ]
  • »07.11.18 - 01:01