• ASiegel
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Now retro Amiga seems to be blooming again, I don't want Hyperion's incompetence, hubris or aggressive exploitation anywhere near it. They've destroyed enough already. Sooner they're gone the better.

True, the number of Amiga Classic computers equipped with a Vampire board dwarfs any of the AROS/MorphOS/OS4 user bases. I'd bet in the next couple years it will probably dwarf all 3 of them combined.

Actually, some people have claimed that AROS had accumulated huge download numbers over the years. If they are right, it does show that a theoretically big install base may have limited value afterall. Quantity vs. quality. One-time testers vs. frequent users who are heavily invested and engaged. And so on.

Speaking of which, if a sizable amount of Vampire owners would be seriously interested in more than retro gaming, one would assume they would invest time and funds in getting AROS 68k improved but that does not seem to be happening.

Quote:

I'd love to see a MorphOS 68k release.

Unless a Vampire fan wins the lottery and pays (market rates) for the development, that seems highly unlikely to happen. If someone ever succeeds at porting Odyssey to the hardware, you will understand why.

Quote:

I have a Vampire 500 now, but going back to OS3.9 after using MorphOS for so long is not appealing.

I feel the same way. MorphOS on PowerPC Macs is about as retro as I am willing to go with regard to common desktop computing uses.
  • »13.08.18 - 19:29