• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Actually, I was going to edit out large chunks of that rant tonight, but now that you've commented on it, I'll leave it.

Too much vitriol and opinion on my part as well. In the long run, I have no real stake in this except old sentiments.

On Trevor, this part bugs me, "what had started as a clerical $250 error even according to Hyperion, evolved into a complex lawsuit coordinated by Mr. Ben Hermans acting as attorney of his own company and reportedly funded [239] by British oil millionaire [232] Mr. Robert Trevor Dickinson."

The first document referenced is highly biased. Trevor has been abused by Hermans himself, and the separation of their business endeavors is the end result of that.
    That he wanted to salvage something and move forward? I don't see that as anything sinister, just too optimistic.

Also - When you go through that mass of references attached to that online document (which aren't nearly as helpful as the author seems to think they are) you find that Thendic was a licensee of AmigaDE and Bill wanted to discuss porting it to the Pegasos or find out if it could be interfaced with MorphOS (the Peg being a bPlan design if I'm not mistaken).
    Bill's involvement with all three enterprises ought to validate that port inquiry.

As Amiga Washington failed to provide AmigaDE for the PDA Bill wanted to sell, and his contract specified that he was allowed to request ports to additional devices, the contention that Thendic or Genesi might have had a stake in the use of the Amiga OS trademark isn't that far fetched.

Of course, I don't think Bill wants any part of this hot mess. He mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that Air France just lost their last appeal on an old lawsuit that Genesi was tied up in. Maybe he'll recover whatever they were seeking there.
    He's pretty honest about how close things got to shutting down because of business complications.

And if we revisit the "who created what" argument, well, he did build several NG systems, subsidize OS ports and help obtain hardware, all while staying in business, remaining solvent, and not abusing anyone too much (again, my opinions).

IMHO, that's a better score than Eyetech and Amiga Inc have.

Oh, I think I have quoted this before, but this review of how you CAN continue to beat a dead horse is amusing.

1) Buying a stronger whip.
    2) Changing riders.
    3) Say things like, "This is the way we have always ridden this horse."
    4) Appointing a committee to study the horse.
    5) Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
    6) Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
    7) Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
    8) Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
    9) Comparing the state of dead horses in today's environment.
    10) Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
    11) Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
    12) Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
    13) Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
    14) Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
    15) Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
    16) Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
    17) Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
    18) Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
    19) Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
    20) Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
    21) Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.

There is a really good lesson in strategic business management here guys.

>In conclusion, who tried to defraud whom here is not so clear as it may appear to you, I think.

Hmm, nothing that involves politics is ever clear.
    Some how its tied to a flaw in human nature I can not accurately conceptualize, although I have tried to wrap my mind around it for years.

But we do seem to have this weird redneck extended family feel to this community that I can try to explain to you, this relative won't talk to that relative, but will talk to another, but you don't associate with that one...ever dealt with family situations like that?

[ Edited by Jim 17.06.2018 - 20:55 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »17.06.18 - 23:17