• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> paragraph that begins with "Between December 2016 and May 2017"

> baseless pile of rumors and outright lies

It has really many (260) documents linked for a "baseless pile of rumours and outright lies". In my opinion, it is one of the best (if not the best) researched round-up of newer and newest Amiga (as in "official Amiga") history. That is not to say it's completely error-free, of course.

> Amiga Washington had already defrauded Bill Buck and Thendic with their
    > bogus AmigaDE operating system.

I don't think they have. Genesi wasn't really interested in AmigaDE. What they wanted was OS4 (and use of accompanying trademarks) for their Pegasos II, so they tried in court to paint OS4 as an updated version of AmigaDE, which didn't work for obvious reasons. Furthermore, Genesi was shortly after in the French Pretory case effectively denied the status of Thendic (France) affiliate after they were caught transferring money from Thendic France to Genesi in an attempt to secure Thendic France's liquid assets while at the same time avoiding their liabilities, so the contract between Amiga Inc. Washington and Thendic wouldn't have been applicable to Genesi hardware anyway. Thendic's own hardware AmigaDE was supposed to come with as per the contract allegedly never went into serial production, btw.
    In conclusion, who tried to defraud whom here is not so clear as it may appear to you, I think.

> who actually produced code?

This question is too generic. Every party involved produced code in some form or another at some point(s) in time.

> IS $25,000 adequate for a cross ISA port?

Note that this was the sum agreed to for a minimal port as per the 2001 contract. Minimal port was defined as implementing only the absolutely necessary low-level parts of the OS natively for PPC and running everything above through a transparent emulation. The PPC code was planned to be based on WarpUP/WarpOS, but which was found unsuitable for this purpose after Hyperion saw that it was mostly barely commented and hard to understand ASM code.
    By signing the contract, however, Hyperion agreed that the sum was adequate.

> if the company you contracted with to do this work goes bankrupt

As said, Amiga Inc. Washington (Amino) never ceased to exist. It was never dissolved, just renamed to its original name.

> Bankruptcy rules in the United States disallow the transfer of assets
    > to shield them from bankruptcy proceedings.

Because of the bankruptcy clause, the "assets" wouldn't have been part of any bankruptcy proceedings anyway.

> That post even tries to slander Trevor.

How so?

> Cloanto [is] attempting to drag us back [...]

Who is 'us'? It surely doesn't include me :-)

> that piece of crap post tries to make it sound like MorphOS is a
    > Genesi endeavor

How so?

> has someone completely forgotten Phase 5, DCE or bPlan?

I guess that's simply not in the scope of the round-up.

> What next? Cloanto tries to sue MorphOS developers or the AROS community?

Why should they? Slandering MorphOS and AROS developers has been Hyperion's hobby.

> A second rate re-packager of UAE wants to own the rights to the entire community

Cloanto doesn't want to own the rights to any community, as far as I can see.

> and this doesn't offend any of you?

At least not me. I'm not even a user of what Cloanto claims to own.

> WTF, has Cloanto ever produced of significance? "Preservation mode?" My ass.

I guess you didn't contact them via http://cloanto.org ;-)
  • »17.06.18 - 22:58