• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    @Andreas Wolf

From my earlier post in this thread:

Quote:

Perhaps? on-topic. It's unusual for this many posts to be made on the english side of Amiganews, but...

Source

Oh, and I've often wondered about the validity of information given in an earlier post on Amiganews also in english only.

Source

Added link.

You might find a tie in to information posted in the latest chapter here:
    paragraph that begins with "Between December 2016 and May 2017"

I've read this baseless pile of rumors and outright lies before.

The excuse provided for McEwen's corporate shell game is particularly odious.

"On the legal side, during the AmigaOS 4 project, Amiga Washington found itself in need of transferring rights for the "Classic" Amiga OS (which Hyperion was basing its work on) to the new Amiga Delaware entity, apparently for the prime reason of protecting this asset from the Thendic/Genesi vs. Amiga [21] litigation, but possibly also in a shift of control between shareholders. Thendic/Genesi were supporting a competing Amiga-inspired operating system, named MorphOS."

Again, the ONLY reason for the "transfer" was to defraud Amiga Washington's creditors and those the company owned payment to for work done.

And Amiga Washington had already defrauded Bill Buck and Thendic with their bogus AmigaDE operating system.

This garbage tries to make excuses for the inexcusable.

Again, I ask you all, who actually produced code?

IS $25,000 adequate for a cross ISA port?

And even if it is, if the company you contracted with to do this work goes bankrupt and your contract contains a bankruptcy clause, are you obligated to transfer the rights of a property to a party other than that which you contracted with?
    Bankruptcy rules in the United States disallow the transfer of assets to shield them from bankruptcy proceedings.
    Such conduct is considered fraud and criminal conduct.

That post even tries to slander Trevor.
    At every step, McEwen's side has tried to re-write history.

Personally, I hope to see Cloanto go down in flames for attempting to drag us back into obligation to this ego maniacal truck driver.

Should we care here? Well, yeah, that piece of crap post tries to make it sound like MorphOS is a Genesi endeavor when it preceded Genesi's formation.
    And has someone completely forgotten Phase 5, DCE or bPlan?
    What next? Cloanto tries to sue MorphOS developers or the AROS community?

A second rate re-packager of UAE wants to own the rights to the entire community and this doesn't offend any of you?
    No matter WHAT I think of Hermans, there are OS4 developers I'm actually impressed by, and the product DID get released.
    So far we've managed to co-exist.

WTF, has Cloanto ever produced of significance?
    "Preservation mode?" My ass.

[ Edited by Jim 15.06.2018 - 23:56 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.06.18 - 00:44