• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

KennyR schrieb:

Hyperion - and the centrepoint Ben Hermans - have been in and out of Amiga news since the late 90s. They sued Titan Computer because they didn't think they tried hard enough to market their games, and seem to have fallen out with Haage&Partner for a similar reason. They spent enormous time trying to convince people that Phase5/bPlan were putting logic bombs in their firmware and even longer spreading FUD about the legality of MorphOS... only to never sue it, because they knew it was a lie. They walked into the original agreement with Amiga Inc believing that that AInc would just go bankrupt and they'd walk with the Amiga name, only yo be held onto a settlement because Kouri died, and action that basically killed OS4. They have ex-partners who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. And current partners who would seriously consider not pissing on them if they were on fire.

Hyperion are absolute cancer. If they came out and claimed the world was round, I'd be seriously reconsidering the flat-earther arguments.

I apprecaite that you keep the history in the focus. I've followed all this crap myself over the years and don't forget the history, too. And I wouldn't trust BH in the slightest way. then again, who actually really cares any longer about Amiga, Hyperion etc.? Let them hit their skulls with their axes but we (on the MorphOS side), just go on - it's affecting us only very remotely.

One of the best things of MorphOS is that it left the name and all that crap behind.

But it's indeed a good soap opera to shorten teh waiting time for 2018 and 3.10 or #?. More popcorn please!
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »31.12.17 - 22:30
    Profile Visit Website