• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    It's not a German thing it's a European thing. We all get two year warranty on electrical goods. American companies here always tell us we get one year though, Apple are the worst for trying to get out of it.

I couldn't say that.
    When you buy at Apple they are bound to those two years as well. And I had no problem yet with Apple not replacing or fixing something.

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I do agree with you that it is unfair that the seller must provide an additional warranty that is double that provided by the manufacturer, when the seller has no control over quality control, or design of the products.

I agree to a part. On the other hand, if the products are not of a quality which last two years (or hopefully more), then the re-seller can put pressure on the manufacturer by removing the product from sale, or by saying he would if it doesn't improve.

Manfred

In 2009 my elderly mother in law took her MBP with the known faulty nvidia 8600MGT chip to the Apple store for repair. It was 13 months old. They charged her 350+VAT to replace the logic board stating that "Apple policy is 12 months warranty, it doesn't matter what the EU says".

She's old and just paid it. When mine started showing the same fault I threatened them with lawyers and got it replaced for free eventually but not before a huge stand up row with the 12yr old store manager.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »06.07.17 - 09:05