• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Baseless slander is being allowed on one of the corporate sites. Vague accusations are being made without a single citation that such things happened. The language is vague on who they are accusing, but it is pretty obvious enough given users like eliyahu's statements in the past. Such accusations towards a small community is slander that should not be allowed to stand. If it really happened, which I doubt, they should name names.

Well, I agree, although not on the slander. Any accusation this serious needs to be aimed, otherwise it's almost as unpleasant as making death threats in the first place. If I had a pound sterling for every time I've seen or heard of such an accusation fold when the accuser(s) have to supply details, well... I wouldn't need to work, put it that way. Assuming that it is not invented, I can understand a need to vent, but that helps nothing and no-one: it gratifies the threatener and turns people against the threatened, and generates bad feeling all round. If the case warrants sufficient concern and is highly specific (i.e. pictures obviously not lazily doxxed or taken from google street view), the police should be the first people to complain to, not a forum.

Let's also be serious: I know this shit goes on, so I'm not going to assume slander. It's been going on in Amiga land since usenet and before, by every and all sides. In a platform with 100 million users, all it takes is one fruitloop, whether a true believer or a false flagger. The vast majority of death threats have the equivalence of abuse in the average youtube thread, generally about as threatening as a tin of rice pudding: untargeted, lazy, and easily ignored - and tends only to be an issue when some pseudo-political want to gather victimhood as political point scoring.

TLDR: If it's serious, go to the police. If it's not worth going to the police, then it's not serious. Ignore.
  • »21.11.16 - 18:51