• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

Ironically, while AmigaKit's ownership of both sites is a massive conflict of interest and undermines the independence or trustworthiness of them (not that they had any in the first place), they are still much, much, much less biased than the days of Bouma, Mikey_C and Wayne "Roll a dice to see who I fanatically support and fanatically hate this week" Hunt.

The reason is mainly that it's hard to have a circlejerk without enough people left in the circle. ...or so I heard.

Please don't conflate the criminal coverup that went on at AWN back then with your personal falling out with Wayne. You liked AO until Wayne admittedly took a heavy handed approach with you and most things MorphOS/Genesi. Wayne wasn't perfect, but AO's approach was night and day compared to AWN. I was part of the moderating crew at the time and didn't like everything that happened, but Wayne is a personal friend (offline) of mine so I don't want to say too much without him here to defend himself. My view may be biased about Wayne specifically, but not AO overall compared to the criminality of AWN.

AO: Wayne felt personally slighted by Genesi and did a bit of lashing out at who he perceived as supporters. (All put mildly, I'm not delving deep here. Not my fight.)

Wayne did exactly what the AWN crowd did. He started fights, then abused his moderatorship by deleting the reply and banning the people who he argued with if it looked like they were getting the better of him. He had been doing it to others for years - indeed, it was one of the main reasons AWN existed in the first place. AWN's existence is partly due to Wayne Hunt, and the behaviour of its moderators following his example.

The only difference between him and the squad of scumbags that eventually got kicked out of AWN is that he was at times lucid, while they were all scumbag all of the time.

Quote:

AWN: Engaged in a systemic massive coverup at all levels. If this were big business and not the little sandbox we were in, AWN could have been brought up on RICO charges in the US.

Compared to what, a guy who worked for Genesi who decided that he was going to censor all the OS4 supporters?

Quote:

AO now is following in AWN's footsteps from the early-mid 00s. They have essentially one active moderator, and he is shutting down unclean conversation, locking threads that aren't 100% pro OS4 and even banning individuals for not toting the party line. Don't forget about this wanker. Whether he is taking orders from A-Eonkit or working independently, the results are the same. AO 2016 = AWN circa 2004.

And the three active users a day don't seem to care. They are easily ignored. They didn't used to be easy to ignore when there were hundreds of them, and thousands of visitors, and they were spreading lies and disinformation that impacted good people directly.

[ Edited by KennyR 13.09.2016 - 20:13 ]
  • »13.09.16 - 18:11