• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Yes, but you never have told us who is actively developing and who has dropped out.
    Some of the people I am most impressed with, like Ralph, don't seem to make statements and I have to wonder if those developers are currently working with you.

How about a release/list of the current/active developers?

Ralph isn't active on MorphOS. The closest thing to a project lead has been Frank Mariak, for several years now. Frank has decades of experience in both coding and in commercial companies, so it's not exactly in unsafe hands.

Quote:

There is no clear answer on that page.
    I would still like to hear what Stuntz has to say.

You already know what Stefan said. He said that notAmigaOS4 was free to develop its own derivative notMUI4, as long as they paid the shareware fee, since on MorphOS it isn't shareware. That's it. He didn't give permission for credits to be changed or other people's work to be poached. Once he made his demands and they apparently were met, he went back to biking and ignoring MUI again.

We also all know that MUI4 was only partly developed by Stefan Stuntz. Many others in the MorphOS team also contributed their code. (Piru has already objected to his files being pirated. The MP of Hyperion apologised for this, only to have that piece of arrogant horse shit Ben Hermans speak over him.) It is now impossible to ever delineate where Stefan's code ends and MorphOS code begins.

Taking other people's work without their permission is theft. Taking credit for other people's work (i.e. by removing their names or implying a reversed-engineered version is the original) is theft. I don't think we need Stuntzi to define theft for us.

[ Edited by KennyR 03.10.2015 - 22:15 ]
  • »03.10.15 - 23:13