• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Georg wrote:
    This is no complaint or accusation. I have no problem whatsoever with this. The point is just that I find it a bit silly to require crediting/permission/copyright mention/hand rewriting of headers/... from others for every little thing which is freely accessible anyway, if you know that by looking hard (or not so hard) you probably will find cases where your "side" didn't always follow these rules either each and every time for every stupid thing.

I think you are missing the bigger picture. If they'd simply have asked, it wouldn't have been a problem. Even if they'd just done it, it wouldn't have been much of an issue either.

What makes people take umbrage is that Hyperion have been calling MorphOS theft of Amiga source and IP for 15 years, and now they're returning to rip it off.

And now Costel has apparently apologised for it, while immediately he's been undermined by what is presumably Hermans. Read into it and Hermans not only making Costel look like a fool, he's just given everyone on the planet an open invitation to also pirate OS4 autodocs -- "because they're not copyrightable".

I think it's clear who is the source of all the bad feeling in the community. We should have gotten shot of Hermans years ago. He's done the platform incalculable damage.
  • »12.09.15 - 14:19