• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:
    Quote:

Piru wrote:
    On August 30, 2015 Hyperion Entertainment CVBA released a new version of the AmigaOS Software Development Kit (SDK). One of the newly included components is called btree.library. I created the original btree.library to be part of MorphOS in early 2000s. Development material for this library was released as a part of the MorphOS Software Development Kit.

At least two files included in the AmigaOS Software Development Kit contain my intellectual property without my consent. The files contain only trivial changes such as removal of the copyright notice.

https://sintonen.fi/amigaos-sdk-copyright-infringement/

Small update: I've of course reported this issue to Hyperion Entertainment CVBA already.

At best, it Illustrates a "no questions asked" approach to quality control and scrutiny when accepting contributions.
    The possibilities get worse from there.

With a real company one might expect an internal audit, at least of that contributor's submissions. With the deliberate removal of copyright notices though... Not even sure how that could take place. In the real world that behaviour would likely result in a job loss.

We're being nice even entertaining thoughts of it happening out of naivety. In any other platform, that might be true. On OS4, we've long known they're attitude to blatantly stealing ideas and even code from others, while at the same time bitterly decrying any perceived slight against them with all the delicate cordiality of a wounded tazmanian devil.

Then they downright ripped of MUI4, which is non-arguably proprietary MorphOS software, even going to the length of replacing all the credits with the names of their two-bit hacksmen. Then they ripped off Leif's filesystoolbox. And now they just start copying bits of MorphOS code at will. That's not quality control, that's just being two-faced, double-dealing dirty thieving cnuts.

TL;DR - Don't just blame Hyperion. The users are right up there as the most hypocritical arseholes on the planet. Not all of them, but they know who they are.
  • »06.09.15 - 14:07