• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    That is what happens when you put two crooks in the same room to make a deal with each other, everyone gets screwed!

Its just like politics. Soon, it looks like the American voters will have a choice to vote for a financial criminal, or a raving lunatic, who happens to also be a financial criminal, to be their next President.

That's because you have a system that guarantees that only financial criminals can afford to take part.

So it was with Amiga as well - it was hysterically overpriced, and each of its successive owners after Commodore not only had to work out how to make money from it, but make up for how royally screwed they were by the last owners. Of course it was going to fall into the hands of scammers, what else could it really do? Escom were trying to sell basic A1200 "surf" systems that couldn't load a typical 90s webpage in less than 30 seconds for about the same price as a PC. Gateway didn't know what the f to do with what they had bought.

A lot of good companies tried to get the Amiga name and failed, and some not so good ones. In the end Amino did because they had plans, plans that didn't involve them doing any work. I believe that they did pay a huge sum for it, but that money was probably borrowed from unwitting investors thinking they were going to get the next coming of Jesus in silicon.

Quote:

Given enough time without interference from other greedy people, or companies, I believe that McBill and the MorphOS Dev. Team could have come to an agreement, specially once McBill saw how MorphOS was shaping up, and how talented the MorphOS Dev. Team members are. I don't know the exact history and dates of when work on MorphOS began, in relation to the dates discussions regarding creating AmigaOS4.x between McBill and the MorphOS Dev. Team, but my impression is that work on MorphOS had begun before those discussions. I don't know what state of completion MorphOS was in, when talks with McBill took place.

McEwen is cancer. You don't intentionally give yourself cancer.
  • »23.06.16 - 21:43