• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Quote:

Oh yeah, will all the RTG and PPC games run? Like Payback ect? Things that dont hit hardware I know. Does MOS act just like AOS? For example can I just un lha an amiga application in a folder in MOS as if I was using AOS 3.9 and click the icon to install/run?

For games to work they'll need to support RTG and AHI (there is no PAULA emulation.) From what I understand, Wipeout 2097 will allow you to play the first level (if you've got a Warp3D supported video card [currently the Voodoo3]). Payback won't run because it doesn't support AHI. Freespace works but it might crash during the "mission briefing" if you have narrated dialogue enabled. It also won't properly play the video cut-scenes (although the latest patch allows you to have video played by an external player such as FroggerNG, which helps alot!).

There's also a native Quake (and QuakeII apparently), ScummVM, MAME, UAE ports. (UAE on my G3-600 and low-res screen plays ECS games at a decent speed, although the added power for a G4-1gig will probably be just right for most titles. It also finally has joystick support, but it doesn't support two buttons or CD32 pad emulation just yet.) Umm... And well there are other games of course but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Oh, and you can also play Alien Breed 3D-II TKG with the RTG patch! :) [Hmm... I'll have to look up what I've got installed in my games directory once I get home.]

If you have loads of amiga disks that you would like to use, I would recommend looking into the Catweasel Mk III. My A4000 is extremely unstable (breathe on it and it crashes) and I had all but given up trying to back them all up on my Amiga and put them on CD. Now I can do that with the peg. ;)
    Steph
  • »20.10.03 - 15:08
    Profile Visit Website