• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    CountRaven
    Good points Grandma.

Well here is my opinion in a few lines:

Whatever type of hardware you are about to produce should be packed with an OS that would be end-user friendly supporting in high standrads all the basic features that will bring a simple user infront of his computer screen: internet, media, office and home applications.
    All the hardware power is a total big waste without the software.
    MorphOS is the key point and it is the Amiga oriented OS that attracts people from the Amiga community. It could attract a non power user as well that wants something light, smooth and fats for home and office, but not on its current status.
    Do you want your new hardware -letting it be LimePC, Efika, Peg3 or whatever- to become commercial? Enforce it with a powerfull MorphOS and present to the masses what software and hardware can do. Like Apple did years before with Macs.

Want an example?
    I may wate some time to download libraries and Arexx support, put em into the correct MorphOS folders etc to make TubeXX works because there is no browser capable to run YouTube.
    My 17 year old sister would still stick on her laptop running Windows and would just type the name of her favorite group to watch on YouTube... And there are million like her.

Your hardware and of course MorphOS are still the tools of an "elite", that finds the alternative computting attractive.
    Keep that side of the coin without taking away the power users who want to have them everything on their fignertips but make your products more "massive".

And please someone bring a f.....g browser to MorphOS...

[ Edited by CountRaven on 2008/5/18 10:20 ]
  • »18.05.08 - 08:45
    Profile Visit Website