• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    diezi7
    Quote:

Maybe the point of this thread is to investigate any suggestions on how they can make it "bounce up" again? At least I hope so...

Of course, the thread's intention seems to be in that direction, but it's something hilarant that the mother company doesn't know the feelings of Amiga enthusiasts, all os us being a bunch a believers during so many years. I'd like to use a machine which would let me to do everything I want without putting no one
    of my fingers on win.... :)

Genesi brought up this great Pegasos platform, that's a fact, but then let it slide down (never promoted expansion CPU cards as suggested at first), I was very interested in having a 1,7Ghz 7448 CPU i.e
    On the Linux side, Pegasos is rather well supported from my point of view.

Quote:

An essential question (from a *mass market* POV) is whether MorphOS qualifies (and can *compete* on a commercial level) on *any* of these markets?

Personally I think it's not up to the task nowadays to have a decent position on mass market, neither desktop
    nor server terms, and more important, I think the financial resources are too big to make it forseable
    in the future.

I hope it happens, and morphOs positions on any mass market, hard to believe.

Morphos2.0 however, maybe does not have so much noveltys as it's supposed. We still lack No Java, Flash, Office Suite, no multiuser support.

So, back to the topic, I don't believe MorphOS could position itself on any mass market so I will try not to dream for free. ;-D
    PowerMac G4 MDD 1,25 dual (Registered)
    Pegasos II G4 (not working)
    Powerbook G4 1.0 15"
    -=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=
    http://amigalandia.blogspot.com.es/
  • »18.05.08 - 00:12
    Profile Visit Website