• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @diezi7

Quote:

I think it's a bit sad trying to relive something you let almost to extinguish. I feel a bit deceived with MorphOS situation, having invested a nice sum of money of a system wich lacks decent software.

I see your point and also understands it, although I (perhaps unlike you?) also understands and *accepts* the historical and unfortunate reasons behind this! I still hope for a solution!

At least MorphOS 2.0 is about to be released (which is a *major* thing)!

Maybe the point of this thread is to investigate any suggestions on how they can make it "bounce up" again? At least I hope so...

And more, I hope there may be some *financial muscle power to do so* as well. Discussions are kind of moot otherwise, hence my question above...

Quote:

Amiga OS Like environments are FARRRRRR Away from mass market OSes (Windows,Linux)

Windows in a mass market context = Primarily Desktop market.
    Linux in a mass market context = Primarily Server market.

An essential question (from a *mass market* POV) is whether MorphOS qualifies (and can *compete* on a commercial level) on *any* of these markets?

Please note that this is on a *mass market level*, it shouldn't affect how MorphOS is being used on a "hobby OS" basis...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »17.05.08 - 22:19