• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    tn_image_03.jpg
    The very successful PowerDev Meeting 2 was hosted this past weekend at Guido "Geit" Mersmann's place.
    Check out the discussion about it on PowerDeveloper, which also contains information about the first meeting, held in Poland.
    There is a first batch of photos, which confirm what we knew: The most mature MorphOS 2.0 was there (along with the confirmation that "it WILL be finished in Q2, that's for sure", and also 8610 and 5121E development boards.

This is what Geit said after the event:

"First of all thanks to all the people visited us at PowerDev #2.
    We were overrun by people who wanted to participate with their own systems. It took some management but I think it worked out best for all.
    During the event we had loads of talks about all kind of problems and solutions. We had a blender workshop and showed DVD authoring using MorphOS on Pegasos systems.
    I would call this event a big success and we are looking forward to see this amount of power and all those ideas grow in the near future, when MorphOS 2.0 will be released to the masses.
    The Efika 8610 board is the successor of the pegasos 2 everyone is waiting for. That was very clear from the beginning. Many thanks to Ingo 'Skyrider' Hoppe for updating the OS and showing the system in action. The Efika 5121e (aka Efika2) was more or less seen as basic system to get in touch with the PowerPC architecture. Well, in my opinion the Efika is underestimated by people only seeing the specs. The Efika combined with MorphOS is a powerful system and thats what we tried to show the audience. And I think it worked well, as we frequently got asked which system is running now.
    Special thanks to BBRV, Freescale and Genesi/bPlan making this event possible.

Thanks!
    Geit"

[ Edited by jcmarcos on 2008/5/8 8:44 ]
  • »08.05.08 - 08:41