• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Painkiller wrote:
    Quote:

Maybe you need four 8 Bit chips if you want them on the backside?

Could be, but it would seem kind of foolish to design it that way.

Quote:

Will there be a FAQ, or complete install instructions with parts list for this mod, available on this MorphZone somewhere? Is there a more detailed info already available somewhere else?

Umm actually this is the first time this will be done and completely unknown wheter it will work... I have my hopes up but not too high. If this works I will post the needed component information so that anyone with soldering skills can do this.

Those extra ram chips are pain to find, infact I wasn't able to order them in sample quanities so I bought a memory module and desoldered them. I might have even broken those chips while desoldering, but if the first attempt fails I will try and change those chips once.

Hopefully this doesn't end up as a costly experiment to me :)

I hope it works and is not an experiment that goes wrong for you. Did you see the video clip about someone saying that the EFIKA board was designed so that extra memory could be added to the bottom of the board, just as you are trying to do?

I have a couple of other projects to complete, but adding another 128mb of RAM to my EFIKA will be high on my priority list after that, so I hope you get it all figured out for the rest of us. Did you already find out which RAM chips should be used from bPlan, or did you guess?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »18.09.08 - 10:52