• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

SKOLMAN_MWS wrote:
    MPC5200 SDRAM Memory Controller Legal Memory Configurations Terminology etc.

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/MPC5200UM.pdf

Talk about dredging up old threads from the past! This thread died over 4 years ago.

I remember having some very interesting arguments with one of the Genesi employees regarding the feasibility of adding more RAM to the Efika and the ultimate answer was that it would be a violation of the TOS of the device to hack the firmware to accept more RAM, it would be almost impossible to find the right kind of RAM with regard to the timing, and if we wanted Genesi to do the work, it would cost approx. $30,000 US dollars to modify the firmware and IIRC, it would require a new production run of Efika boards as well, though I disputed this last part, as I don't see why our existing boards could not be modified with the additional RAM, as who would design the PCB to "NOT" work with the full complement of RAM that the 5200b CPU and other components on the board could handle?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.08.13 - 20:00