guruman
    First of all, I love MorphZone, the way it is organized, the fact that it is nice to surf, doesn't have popups and similar... Targhan has done a very good job. But I know lately he had quite a lot of personal problems preventing him to follow the site the way he used to in the past: I think he would deserve some help in managing the site, giving some administrator rights to a couple of trusted people with the right competences (I couldn't be one of them for instance, because I never managed RunCMS or similar things).
    This way things like the Ambient gallery (which was simply great) or the bounty system could be restored even when Targhan himself is a bit overwhelmed. Which would make sense if this really is a community site, although I know that Genesi helped quite a lot, even economically, to keep it going.
    I don't think the bounty system is really so vital as Tronman thinks (it is indeed very good and important, but MorphOS wouldn't die without it), but a not working/not updated system is indeed deadly...
    Of course, the site can grow mainly with the help of the users: for instance all the news that have the slightest relationship with MorphOS should appear here (and on morphos-news.de) ASAP, and not just posted on other Amiga sites.
    I like the way morphos-news.de handles the downloads, if just also that site was kept more up to date, as it used to be, it would be perfect... I know it's really quite some work, I do it just once a week for an Italian site/ML, and I know you can't force anyone. After all it's just an hobby and not a work!

Overall, I share Tronman's opinion on the site. The forums are really helpful (well, because the users here really are), and if any newcomer has a question, he gets the answer straight to the point, with little to no OT chit-chat. Me, I'd only need a quick link to the various pages of a thread with more than 20 answers on the home page ;)

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »10.02.07 - 16:31